GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on motor/transmission mounts?

I ended up going with SuperPro all around. And it is AWESOME.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
For my dsg R I have found the stage 1 bfi engine and transmission mounts paired with the cts V1 aluminum insert and the roc euro drivetrain stabilizer (pendulum arm) makes for a very smooth and extremely minimal nvh over stock. Car feels so tight and planted downshifts are super smooth almost no engine movement now. Transforms the car especially paired with a stage 1 tune.

faid

Ready to race!
Just install the BFI stage 2 engine, tranny mounts, and HPA dog bone mount. Not much vibration, but for sure more noise. The noise is noticeable, but not annoying. IF you are on the fence, get it. Car feel more planted and shift seems quicker.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Just install the BFI stage 2 engine, tranny mounts, and HPA dog bone mount. Not much vibration, but for sure more noise. The noise is noticeable, but not annoying. IF you are on the fence, get it. Car feel more planted and shift seems quicker.

agreed. Honestly makes shifting easier and less shocking. Noise is livable.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Definitely go with rubber mounts, 034, CTS, or SuperPro. Poly is not good if you wanna keep NVH levels low. The whole purpose/reasoning behind using poly is because it doesn't flex/give like rubber. And that is awesome in the right application but not in engine mounts.

SuperPro's entire business is making poly everything and even they don't make poly mounts. That should tell you something.

Not 100% sure but are 034's not rubber?
Harder durometer but rubber still.
Most of 034 stuff is OE like due to using similar material but harder rubber for improved performance. Might verify.

No experience but ECS makes several mounts. Normally not highest price.
Not sure on performance but often they look good.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I ended up going with SuperPro all around. And it is AWESOME.

Did you also replace the OEM subframe mount thats included in the kit? Did you do this on your own?

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Not 100% sure but are 034's not rubber?
Harder durometer but rubber still.
Most of 034 stuff is OE like due to using similar material but harder rubber for improved performance. Might verify.

No experience but ECS makes several mounts. Normally not highest price.
Not sure on performance but often they look good.
034 is definitely rubber. I have them on my car. Really have a great combo of comfort and performance. :cool:

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I know a lot of people have 034 engine and transmission mounts that are happy with them.

Just a heads up to anyone buying them. I bought some through ECS and had to return them because I didn't trust installing them in my car. The cast bracket that holds the rubber engine mount was really poor quality. There was pitting and cracks throughout. To me it looks like the mold was not hot enough and the metal cooled too quickly.

Just an FYI, so you can inspect them before installing in your car.

Also, ECS customer service was top notch and I received a shipping label for return that didn't cost me a penny. They also promptly fully refunded my money once they got the mounts back.

Last edited:

Tigsel

Ready to race!
I have 034 engine/trans mounts. When installing engine mount make sure it is straight/ parallel to the frame, otherwise you'll get NVH, ask me how I know :) otherwise it's great.

greypanter

Ready to race!
For anyone who is interested, I just bought the SuperPro mounts for $599. I think this is still expensive, but seeing at this price made it easier for me to pull the trigger. Also, free shipping.

http://www.urotuning.com/SuperPro-Engine-Mount-Kit-MQB-Mk7-VW-8V-Audi-p/trc2001.htm
Got the same kit from NPG, installed it yesterday. Are you planning on installing the dogbone mounts as well? I already have the 034 dogbone insert and wondering if Its worth dropping the subframe, buy all new bolts and get an alignment after...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Got the same kit from NPG, installed it yesterday. Are you planning on installing the dogbone mounts as well? I already have the 034 dogbone insert and wondering if Its worth dropping the subframe, buy all new bolts and get an alignment after...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I haven’t decided what I’m going to do yet. Erwin says you don’t need to drop the subframe if you are able to fit a press and detach the sway bar for clearance. I called a shop to see if they were familiar, but all they would tell me is they charge 4 hours labor. I would pay a shop if the subframe can stay in place.

Right now I’m planning installing the trans and engine mount and seeing how it is with my insert.