GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo inlet/PCV pipe covered in oil

Internexus

Ready to race!
Is the view in your photo looking straight downward at the turbo? It's a bit close for me to tell 100%.

Personally I am having crazy oil consumption ~1qt roughly every 1,000 miles and the dealer has written this off as in spec. What I have noticed myself is that my oil filler cap always has a thin film of oil over it and I am guessing my PCV valve maybe shot. I am interested to look at the area you're referencing and see if I have a similar issue or worse. I've found zero leaks under the car or visible with the cover on top and below removed, and there's no smoke under idle, normal acceleration or WOT. I have a new PCV valve on order and should be picking it up today hopefully with an install this weekend.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
Installed the ECS kit yesterday, fitment was great and took maybe 30 mins from start to finish.
Will give it a few weeks and inspect again.

plac

GTI Master
i just saw a tiny tiny seep around the seam of my inlet connector yesterday. I know it is because of the Unitronic inlet pipe i did. NOT the part itself.. but the act of trying to pull the hose off the stock piece, yanking and bending, loosening everything. I put a hair lair of superglue on that seam because it does not swivel there anyway.

but more important stuff.. a lot of people have a seep at the turbo inlet pcv connection. is this not a vacuum leak? will it not mess up the tuning? I recall something about because we do not have a MAF in the intake anymore, that this is not a critical seep/leak point. anyone know about that?

i am considering the ECS pcv hose, but i also read it can be a tighter fit than stock. i would want to know it 100% fixes the leak before i would buy it. It is easy to seal their hose to their connector.. that is not even the main leak point. you still have to use the VW style connector onto your stock inlet hose fitting, which is where more leaks happen. i would like to see some long term ECS pcv hose users would can confirm they have no leaks.

plac

GTI Master
Installed the ECS kit yesterday, fitment was great and took maybe 30 mins from start to finish.
Will give it a few weeks and inspect again.

6 months later... can you get an honest pic of your inlet connection and show if it is seeping or not?

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
6 months later... can you get an honest pic of your inlet connection and show if it is seeping or not?
Sorry, it took a while to get this up.
The engine bay is a "little" dusty.. I do live in a desert climate after all :)

A small amount of oil can be seen on the end of the hose, although it's nothing compared to the OEM plastic pipe.
Turbo inlet side is dry.

Attachments

• IMG_3460.JPG
    IMG_3460.JPG
    402.3 KB · Views: 874