GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
have you been logging in the past and sending them to George with the settings you posted above? or did you just bump them up yourself? I usually try to send a log to George once a month based on fueling I'm using and ambient temp changes. just to make sure everything is running well. I have stack settings for 91 octane and meth only (which is actually also safe to run without meth as well) and more aggressive stack settings for e30 blend and meth

The settings I listed previously have not been sent to George, but I've sent logs to him for all previous Map6 settings I've used (this is only the fourth setting I've tried). Sending George frequent logs sounds like a really great idea; I'm going to have to start doing that!

Update your firmware as well if you haven't. Post 3. 5a3 file

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428

Alrighty, let's try this Datazap Link.
For the most part my AFR seems smoother & richer and timing seem smoother, but I have an AFR/trim spike at 2600 & 2900 rpm.

Stupid question: what is considered good timing? In 3rd gear, my timing went from 0 to 9. Then in 4th gear is mostly just sat at 0.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Looks good. If you are consistently seeing a loss in timing I'd consider this to see if you could eliminate that dip. If it feels slower just put it back.

4000 2
4500 2
5000 2.5
5500 4
6000 4
6500 3
7000 2

Similar to this but keep the ramp up top as it seems to be doing fine:

https://datazap.me/u/rr1santos/giacjb4-stacked?log=0&data=1-3-4-11

hey diggs.

finally was able to log but I kinda combined both suggestion of step up down low and george's suggestion of adding 1psi 6k on from my current e30 stack settings.

https://datazap.me/u/rr1santos/diggs-tune-test-modified-george-recommendation?log=0&data=1-4-5-11

lemme know what you think

rr1santos

Ready to race!

rr1santos

Ready to race!
at 6500? I wouldn't everyday drive out there and it's probably faster in a race shifting before then so I wouldn't worry about it.

sounds good. thanks.

zjkim0711

Passed Driver's Ed
Thinking about buying a JB4 for my MK7 R. Is it necessary to posi-tap into the AFR? Is it possible to run the JB4 without running the posi-tap? Thanks.

Daument

Ready to race!
Thinking about buying a JB4 for my MK7 R. Is it necessary to posi-tap into the AFR? Is it possible to run the JB4 without running the posi-tap

You need to connect the afr wire.... pull the insulating sleeve back a few inches and do it there. If/when you need to remove it the sleeve will cover the small mark in the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Thinking about buying a JB4 for my MK7 R. Is it necessary to posi-tap into the AFR? Is it possible to run the JB4 without running the posi-tap

You need to connect the afr wire.... pull the insulating sleeve back a few inches and do it there. If/when you need to remove it the sleeve will cover the small mark in the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
First log with my 2015 S3. 52 degrees out, so thinking it's having issues trying to reach boost targets with absolute settings. FOL is at 45, and looks like I should drop to 40. Looks a bit too rich.

https://datazap.me/u/madtoy/s31abslute?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-11-18&mark=32-13

AFR looks fine. Surprised it is having corrections and timing advance issues at +6psi boost levels. Quite the grand canyon from 4500-6000.

Try additive instead. Click load and try and mimic that. I'd taper it off the 6 up top tho.

MadMen

Ready to race!
AFR looks fine. Surprised it is having corrections and timing advance issues at +6psi boost levels. Quite the grand canyon from 4500-6000.

Try additive instead. Click load and try and mimic that. I'd taper it off the 6 up top tho.

Thanks. This car has 28k on it when I got it, so may also need some new plugs. I'll give additive a go later on. So I can basically mimic the load numbers except up top where I can add a normal taper?