GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any one interested in a Helix alternative?

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
I am seeing that the helix sub is very popular with the MK7 crowd. I am interested in knowing why, and if Uber-Stealth could offer a product that you would consider instead.

1. Is removing the spare tire from the car not a big deal? For myself i always wanted to keep a spare in the car.
2. Is it that all the parts are included, like the amp and sub? If so i could work out something that included everything?
3. Price? Looks like these go for like around $350 installed? Not sure i can get near that price range. What are you willing to pay for a system like this?

Just trying to see what i can offer, as currently this seems to be my biggest competitor

beardedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6mt
If you can offer an all in one dsp package and improves the sound quality from every speaker then I’m in. As far as 3 goes, if your solution is $X more expensive but offers X better performance then I certainly don’t have a problem paying more to get more.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Does anyone have the T&S parameters on the Helix driver?

FYI, the Anarchy woofer works well in small(.5cf), sealed enclosures.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I have my helix and spare tire installed, just by removing the feet and installing a longer spare tire bolt.. So yay unless you have a dsp I can't justify the cost. plus I picked up my helix for 250 shipped.

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
wanting a Helix DSP Pro MKII along with a nice shallow mount sub, either JL Audio, Sundown, Illusion or SI.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
it really cool that the Helix offers a DSP. Its a very unique product. Honestly, 250$ shipped is crazy.

And that's why it sold.
The price, as well as being a OEM supported/warranteed product that was fully plug & play.
Is it the best? No, but for the price & a simple "all inclusive" package....it couldn't be beat

A aftermarket setup requires more work, and more money is the problem

BUT now that the Helix price is back up to $500+ or whatever....ANY (cheaper) alternative will look better to people still looking for better sound