GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance rebuild on IS20

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
So realistically it may be possible to get 350 on a is20 hybrid whether its gpop or littco. Never heard back from the PR company so I'm not sure they are still in the game. I'd love a 400hp pump gas is20, but it seems more realistic to drop that down a bit with a much smoothe curve and that low end grunt.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
So realistically it may be possible to get 350 on a is20 hybrid whether its gpop or littco. Never heard back from the PR company so I'm not sure they are still in the game. I'd love a 400hp pump gas is20, but it seems more realistic to drop that down a bit with a much smoothe curve and that low end grunt.

I can all but guarantee my hybrid will make over 350 when said in done. I made 324WHP 391WTQ on my stage 1 (full bolt on so basically stage 2) APR tune. And the 5150 tune i had on the stock is20 after that felt stronger. Now with the hybrid on the 5150 i can already feel it stronger in parts of the powerband. A few more tune revisions should get it dialed in throughout the band. I want to take it down to the NC dyno day that is posted up on the forums but i want to make sure the tune is good before i dyno it so i don't die of a broken heart if it under performs lol.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
people have made 350 on stock is20 with aggressive tuning. You can probably make 370-380 on the hybrid I'm willing to bet...as long as you're willing to send it :)

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I can all but guarantee my hybrid will make over 350 when said in done. I made 324WHP 391WTQ on my stage 1 (full bolt on so basically stage 2) APR tune. And the 5150 tune i had on the stock is20 after that felt stronger. Now with the hybrid on the 5150 i can already feel it stronger in parts of the powerband. A few more tune revisions should get it dialed in throughout the band. I want to take it down to the NC dyno day that is posted up on the forums but i want to make sure the tune is good before i dyno it so i don't die of a broken heart if it under performs lol.

So you stack the apr with the 5150 i take it?

I'm at FBO with jb4 so I should be around 310. Either way i stay with stage 2s so i must be doing ok. 350+with a hybrid should put us at is38 stage 2 numbers on a gti with a significant advantage off the line/corners. 90+ would still prolly go to the is38 but i very much like where this is going.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
So you stack the apr with the 5150 i take it?

I'm at FBO with jb4 so I should be around 310. Either way i stay with stage 2s so i must be doing ok. 350+with a hybrid should put us at is38 stage 2 numbers on a gti with a significant advantage off the line/corners. 90+ would still prolly go to the is38 but i very much like where this is going.

No Cobb doesn't work like that. You can't stack, it is a whole new tune.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
No Cobb doesn't work like that. You can't stack, it is a whole new tune.

Ah ok. I wasn't aware you could remove an ecu tune completely from a vehicle. Does that mean the speed limiter is back? yes i know off topic lol

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Dyno canceled!

The 'siren of doom' has begun... it's very quiet, but I'm not going to be pushing the turbo at all until I can get it off the car and have G-pop take a look at things.

This may be the end of my journey with the hybrid...

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
How bad is the siren? Got a vid? Always wanted to know what it sounds like.

Is g pop going to warranty the work? :(

Sure do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBCoHjBkF2c&feature=youtu.be

You'll need headphones and jack up the volume - like I said, it is very quiet. It's only been doing this for a couple days now, and I have been babying it.

G-pop stated that the warranty was still valid for the hybrid, so I would assume they will fix it. I've been happy with the performance, but I'm not sure if I will put it back in or sell it off for someone else to mess with. I want more top-end than I was able to get with this little guy.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Sure do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBCoHjBkF2c&feature=youtu.be

You'll need headphones and jack up the volume - like I said, it is very quiet. It's only been doing this for a couple days now, and I have been babying it.

G-pop stated that the warranty was still valid for the hybrid, so I would assume they will fix it. I've been happy with the performance, but I'm not sure if I will put it back in or sell it off for someone else to mess with. I want more top-end than I was able to get with this little guy.

Can't they build it up with bigger or better parts?

That is indeed a siren. How much throttle and RPM does it siren doing that?