GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

help with my recent datalog

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I think 5150 is one of the best GTI tuners and here is what he has to say about adding fuel

All depends on what the car likes. CA 91 sucks a fat one.
If a lil more fuel prevents Kr then so be it

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28394&highlight=logs&page=25
post 419

Ya i remember when he said that, that was also when Cobb pro-tuners were new to the platform. Each car will be different, thats why you get a protune and not a box tune. But generally speaking, you will not be seeing AFR in the 11s very often unless there are other issues.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Ya i remember when he said that, that was also when Cobb pro-tuners were new to the platform. Each car will be different, thats why you get a protune and not a box tune. But generally speaking, you will not be seeing AFR in the 11s very often unless there are other issues.

Or unless the tuner chooses to use fuel to curb KR events in the higher rev range.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Well apparently the latest revision I received this morning has the A/F ratio adjusted and leaned out. I probably won't be able to datalog until Friday or Saturday but I'll post up when I do. It's very weird to me that the tuner thinks my car wants to run more lean than most MK7's (in his words), when it seems like that is the norm, as per what everyone is saying. Not a reassuring fact but we will see. I purposely didn't say which tuner but most have figured it out. I want to give him the chance to make it right, as he has been very helpful, friendly and willing to keep working on the tune. Supposedly he is very knowledgable, at least from what I could find when I was doing research/reading up on their tunes on other platforms. Yes, I understand every platform is different but they have done good work on the MK6 GTI, so I thought they would have a good understanding of the MK7. Guess that's yet to be seen. I will keep y'all tuned and see where things go. Pun intended.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Well apparently the latest revision I received this morning has the A/F ratio adjusted and leaned out. I probably won't be able to datalog until Friday or Saturday but I'll post up when I do. It's very weird to me that the tuner thinks my car wants to run more lean than most MK7's (in his words), when it seems like that is the norm, as per what everyone is saying. Not a reassuring fact but we will see. I purposely didn't say which tuner but most have figured it out. I want to give him the chance to make it right, as he has been very helpful, friendly and willing to keep working on the tune. Supposedly he is very knowledgable, at least from what I could find when I was doing research/reading up on their tunes on other platforms. Yes, I understand every platform is different but they have done good work on the MK6 GTI, so I thought they would have a good understanding of the MK7. Guess that's yet to be seen. I will keep y'all tuned and see where things go. Pun intended.

That sounds fishy AF.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
yeah I really want to copy and paste the email but I don't want to air anything out yet. I'll wait till the final revision. Unless my car blows up before that.

You are doing the community a great service already with providing logs for everyone to see. I commend that. Just continue doing what you are doing and maybe you can actually change their mind that lean is better!

Out of curiosity how large are the files of each revision? The more things (tables) that are touched the larger the map (I believe) and my revisions are quite large vs. Cobb OTS files and other protune files.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
You are doing the community a great service already with providing logs for everyone to see. I commend that. Just continue doing what you are doing and maybe you can actually change their mind that lean is better!

I didn't dig too deep, but in the COBB main tuning thread, there was a point in there where 5150 asked not to post the logs for fear of theft.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=453548&postcount=580

Are there sample 5150 logs anyone has that I can do a comparison to with other protunes?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I didn't dig too deep, but in the COBB main tuning thread, there was a point in there where 5150 asked not to post the logs for fear of theft.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=453548&postcount=580

Are there sample 5150 logs anyone has that I can do a comparison to with other protunes?

Ya no Jon doesn't want logs posted. We can comment on yours if something seems off though. Also i agree 100% with you. If your tuner is working with you and actively trying to solve and improve your tune i do not believe you should abandon or bash them. Give them a chance to make it right. If in the end you feel underwhelmed about the experience, say your piece and move on. You will gain more respect and your opinion will come across as more genuine.

Oh on a side note, my last hybrid file i received was over 40 kb :eek:.