GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DINAN

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Got mine installed today. Pleasantly surprised! I wasn’t sure if I was going to honestly notice the power, but I definitely do! Just been about 10 miles so far, and no lights. Didn’t disconnect the battery; just opened the hood and left it for like 30 mins before installing. There wasn’t much in the instructions about where to best run the wires, so I hope I routed them ok. Overall, I’m very pleased!

As long as the wires are not near the fans or belt or other moving parts or something that gets hot it just comes down to aesthetics.

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Anyone have trouble reaching the module with Bluetooth with your phone?

It can be hit or miss. I tried on my phone yesterday and it would not see module. Tired my tablet and it connected just fine.

You could try and reboot your device and see if it connects.

Also double check that you downloaded the correct Dinan app. Its the one with the small S in the lower right corner of the logo.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Anyone have trouble reaching the module with Bluetooth with your phone?

When I had it, I mounted it by the O2 sensor plug on the firewall. Never any connection issues.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Got mine installed last night!

Somehow I snapped the locking flange/tab off the bottom plug on the car side. :mad:

The plugs fit together pretty tight though and I wrapped the connection tightly with electrical tape so hopefully it stays put.

Did not disconnect the battery but let the car "sleep" for 30min before attempting install. I didn't get any errors or codes when starting back up.

Bluetooth connected on the first try, and I put it straight into Race mode. :D

Wasn't able to test much because of weather and traffic here, but on the way in to work this morning I was able to punch the gas a few times in 3rd gear around 3k rpms. Even with moderate throttle the difference in power is obvious. I feel like it woke the car up just enough to make it exciting again. Can't wait to test more in good conditions. Very pleased.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If you broke the plastic on the factory plug that goes to the boost sensor i believe you can buy a new shell from VW and swap the pins with a pin tool.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
If you don’t have pin removal tools already, I recommend these. I tried a few others that were on Amazon and they were too short (the round Lisle brand multi type) or they didn’t fit (keychain set).

These guys are in the US. Fast shipping and great service.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
If you don’t have pin removal tools already, I recommend these. I tried a few others that were on Amazon and they were too short (the round Lisle brand multi type) or they didn’t fit (keychain set).

These guys are in the US. Fast shipping and great service.

Thanks. I do not have them already. But after the boost plug and also making a mistake on my euro tails harness they would certainly be handy to have around!

mk7carbongti

Passed Driver's Ed
Got mine installed last night!

Somehow I snapped the locking flange/tab off the bottom plug on the car side. :mad:

The plugs fit together pretty tight though and I wrapped the connection tightly with electrical tape so hopefully it stays put.

Did not disconnect the battery but let the car "sleep" for 30min before attempting install. I didn't get any errors or codes when starting back up.

Bluetooth connected on the first try, and I put it straight into Race mode. :D

Wasn't able to test much because of weather and traffic here, but on the way in to work this morning I was able to punch the gas a few times in 3rd gear around 3k rpms. Even with moderate throttle the difference in power is obvious. I feel like it woke the car up just enough to make it exciting again. Can't wait to test more in good conditions. Very pleased.

Maybe try a wiretie .....put it in between the two wires end to end on the plug. This way it's tight and won't come lose. For anyone removing the bottom plug. You need to place a small screw drive in the square hole of the tab on top and push backwards slowly, you will hear a click and the plug should slide right out.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
I have a dinan ready to install, awaiting jay745.

I haven’t seen 91 in Chicago in a while. Don’t some guys toss e85 into 89? You guys try and get back to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mk7carbongti

Passed Driver's Ed
So I ran the GTI at Fayetteville 1/4 mile track. Here's the times with some wheel hop,

Race mode 13:8 @ 102.8 60ft 2.4
Sport+ mode 14:1 @ 101 60 ft 2.4
Stock mode 14:4 @ 100 60 ft 2.6

Attachments

• IMG_20180121_134120807~2.jpg
    IMG_20180121_134120807~2.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
So I ran the GTI at Fayetteville 1/4 mile track. Here's the times with lots of wheel hop,

Race mode 13:8 @ 102.8 60ft 2.4
Sport+ mode 14:1 @ 101 60 ft 2.4
Stock mode 14:4 @ 100 60 ft 2.6
Did you use 91 or 93?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk