GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is blow off valve safe

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The stock DV is the best you can get for a mk7....literally anything else is a downgrade and waste of money.

Invest in JB4 and make more power instead

If you crave turbo sounds remove the weather strip from the hood cowl (from what I’ve heard)

I installed an intake and that’s enough turbo noise for me. Not much performance gains to be had with an intake bht at least it’s something

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The stock DV is the best you can get for a mk7....literally anything else is a downgrade and waste of money.

This above, but if you want to sound like a car from the 80's then do it but absolutely zeto gain from doing it.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
This above, but if you want to sound like a car from the 80's then do it but absolutely zero gain from doing it.
That you think a BOV is about gains means you do not understand what is going on. BOV's were NEVER about anything except keeping turbochargers alive, and out of surge, as well as keeping turbos spooled during shifts. Gains? Why on earth would a BOV provide gains? Not all BOV's are loud, the race port is silent, cannot be heard at all. When running an IS20, or IS38 with an aggressive tune, we have heard on throttle surge on numerous cars. On throttle, surge is prob the #1 killer of turbochargers. This can be eliminated by a properly set up BOV. The title of the thread is, is a BOV safe, absolutely, and it's much better than the stock DV. If you want no noise, and better venting, get a TIAL QR, and recirculate it. You can also run them in conjunction with the stock DV, it does not have to be one or the other.

Email from 2 days ago from an Ecoboost customer with a very fast spooling, twin scroll hybrid experiencing on throttle surge. We suggested our BOV kit and spring. He was skeptical, to say the least, but agreed to try it.

Attachments

• ecoboost BOv fix.JPG
    ecoboost BOv fix.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 870
Last edited:

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
ive been running the forge BOV on my is20 and now my is38 and i have absolutely no issues at all...i never noticed a difference when i did the DV+ when i was is20 from the stock dv and i also never noticed a difference with the BOV either...either im just lucky or mines set up correctly

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Yes it's safe, and difference between a BOV vs DV on our platform is negligible from my understanding. I recommend sticking with stock DV (because it works perfectly fine and well, my CTS DV broke) unless you just absolutely want the noise.. in that case grab a BOV. I like VTT's explanation up there, but very curious why you think a BOV is much better than the stock DV?

Last edited:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Stick with stock dv. The ecu uses a sort of pulse to the solenoid which helps create its boost mapping. All these aftermarket options do is lose power by both not giving accurate reads to the ecu and venting more pressure than is needed. To the person that brings up gfb dv+ : I had one and although it seemed to hold more pressure in there, it needs re lubed constantly or it will start giving you problems. They're just not worth it. Get an intake if you must have that sound..