GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steve's GTI

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
Some half decent weather today so gave the car a good clean ready for the roads to muck it up again!

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
Can’t you ask that neighbour of yours to paint the outside of his house, that would drive me mad.
We have offered to paint it a couple of times but no take up on the offer yet lol

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
So i've been pointed towards OBDeleven by a fellow mk7 owner at work, anyone else have experience with this? Yay or nay? It seems like a decent investment to really get the car to be "mine"

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
So i've been pointed towards OBDeleven by a fellow mk7 owner at work, anyone else have experience with this? Yay or nay? It seems like a decent investment to really get the car to be "mine"

I’d definitely get one. In addition to unlocking features and making coding changes, it doubles as a scan tool so you can diagnose and research any problems you might have before taking the car in somewhere. Very valuable tool for the price if you ask me.

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I think Obdeleven is on the list then, thanks guys!

Little update on the car, got a couple of GTI badge covers through from Badgeskins and a little gift from a friend went in the rear window too!

Not many plans for the car coming up, will swap the front indicators for the LED ones and the interior red footWell lights both from Deautokey, and I may get the obdeleven next month...

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
Look what arrived! Might have a play tonight if I get time...

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got to spend some time with Obdeleven, so far I have set the relevant side fog to come on when turning, this only seems to work when my lights are on, which is fine for functionality. I also did the full brake light mod *Edit: this took about 5 attempts*. You may know that only your outer cluster of light illuminate when you brake (something that bugged me as soon as I saw it on another golf), so this changes it so the inner illuminates too. I was going to do the pace car indicators but then I remembered the law... I also messed around with the log in screens as I was interested what the options are

If anyone has any suggestions for changes that they found good let me know

Deautokey LED indicators and interior footWell Leds should be here in a week or so, just waiting for supply to come in!

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
It's been a while....work...life...all took over a bit (you can tell by the state of the car...), but finally got round to getting some stuff done.

First gave the car a good wash and quik wax (meguiars, recommend highly)

Then my bits from De auto key arrived, had a slight delay on supply of the lights but De auto key were very professional and kept me up to date the whole time, and even gave me a couple goodies as an apology. A pleasure of a company to deal with and always respond quickly.

The front LED turn signals went in, a more solid light with more illumination especially at night.

Then a boot LED went in, much brighter.

Then a glove box LED...which highlighted an issue, I never knew I had a glove box light! Turns out the cable for the light is somewhere in the dash...which I have a feeling may be source of the annoying rattle I've had since I got the car...So I will be taking the passenger dash apart to try and find this cable, any suggestions on where to start looking are greatly appreciated.

I then installed my footWell Leds, I opted for the remote control ones as it gives me control over brightness, and I can flip between red and white, or disco if I'm at a show or just trying to draw attention to embarrass my passengers...the Leds are very bright, and the colours are solid, remote works fine. I will try and attach a video of it in action.

I also purchased a small detail for the steering wheel, a plaid VW insert - https://www.kliimotorwerkes.com/col...teering-wheel-badge-inlay-mkvii-mk7-gti-plaid

There is bad news though, just before I washed my car I noticed that my passenger front door has been keyed, and on the front left wing there is either what looks like a cats failed attempt to climb on my Car, or someone falling down the side of my car. Very angry, and I know it's a deliberate key as it's a long wavy line, not a short uniform scratch. Those who have had this before will understand. This is my 3rd car and the 4th time this has happened to me. I did the old water trick and believe it's just lacquer damage so will get the t-cut out and give it a go, if not it's down to the body shop for a mop and machine polish.
https://youtu.be/3y5uF3hbxqU

Last edited: