GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

White PP GTI

sgour1

Hi all

I purchased this car last year as a replacement for my stage 1 MK5 GTI which I had for many years. I have been very impressed with the car since my first test drive, and to be honest as a daily driver and for my own needs, I dont regret purchasing it over a R.

No performance modifications yet as its still under warranty - the only things I have done is get some Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tires for the winter, and once its spring time those will be replaced with a new set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports most likely. I have also been eyeing up set of VW lightweight Belvedere alloys as well as I quite like the look of them.
The other thing I have done is coded in the pace car indicators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2AFj9yyT7U

Anyway, some photos -

IMG_1255-hdr.jpg

IMG_1630-hdr.jpg

IMG_1902-hdr.JPG

IMG_2040-hdr.jpg

Thanks

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice! I like the pace car indicators, are they road legal in NI? Also are NI road laws similar to UK laws?

sgour1

Nice! I like the pace car indicators, are they road legal in NI? Also are NI road laws similar to UK laws?

Thanks ! I'm not too sure to be honest. I very rarely see traffic police about in my area so I doubt (hopefully) they will ever see to say anything. But for the MOT whenever its due ill just code them back to stock, just in case.

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks ! I'm not too sure to be honest. I very rarely see traffic police about in my area so I doubt (hopefully) they will ever see to say anything. But for the MOT whenever its due ill just code them back to stock, just in case.

Fair enough, the police in my area are hot on it...got pulled because I had a dead fly on my plate that changed the lettering lol, he wiped it off and let me go though haha, will have to read up on the rules

sgour1

Long overdue update -
I finally managed to get a set of the lightweight Belvedere wheels from German eBay, so they should be arriving within the week which im very happy about.
Ive also purchased a personal reg as well for it, and that will be going on this week also.

Attachments

• belvedere.jpg
    belvedere.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 281

sgour1

Belvedere clubsport wheels have arrived - realized I needed some new tires as well so I have now ordered in some Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Why would it be an issue? As in, why would a cop even bother anyone for that? The signals work..

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk