GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowering springs + alignment

MayTag1882

Passed Driver's Ed
I just purchased h&r springs. They haven't been installed yet. I know I should get an alignment but should I wait for the suspension to settle and if so about how long? Noob when it comes to this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rnam488

Ready to race!
I'm on ED springs and waited about 150 miles before getting an alignment. It'll correct the toe but the camber may still be slightly off compared to factory settings (maybe around .6-.7 degrees which is fine).

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
if you're using the 2x4 method, you'll be working on the ground and as a result you'll not be taking apart the axle, i would say no rush. Wait til a 1000miles if need be. (I did, and my OEM tires were still good up til 30k which is all you'll get out of them anyway) If you're taking apart the axle and ball joints, as in doing it on a lift, do it within a few hundred miles or a week. I recently did an alignment after doing the 2x4 method a couple of weeks ago, and it was only out by a little.

Elwood

3-7-77
The method doesn't matter. You've changed the relationship of the wheels to the steering rack and changed your toe-in due to the angle of the tie rods. The springs won't settle enough to make a difference. Get it aligned.