GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kind of a weird question....

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Had a 2008 Accord V6 that didn't make it to 90k without major engine issues, not to mention being a rattlebox after 30k or so. There was a class action lawsuit on the known eco mode engine defect, but we didn't qualify because we were two months past the deadline when the misfiring presented itself. Honda America did nothing for us. I traded that POS in on a Camry.

Take your Honda quality and shove it. It's a myth.

A lot of people don't seem to understand that reliability of cars has changed over the years. Asian cars are no longer bullet proof, the only thing that still holds true is the parts are cheaper. That's it.

alderran1

Ready to race!
The wife had a 2016 Rdx advanced and she didn’t like it so she got the Lexus nx200t she likes her Lexus but she lit up like a fing Christmas tree when she saw the Tiguan. She is in love so eh doesn’t bother me. I just thought I can tune it to squeeze out little more spunk. She doesn’t drive like I’ll drive the gti

Just curious why are you getting rid of a Lexus for a VW? That's a weird thing to do. Is there something wrong with the NX? I was thinking of that vehicle as a candidate to replace my wife's 2010 Escape.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Just curious why are you getting rid of a Lexus for a VW? That's a weird thing to do. Is there something wrong with the NX? I was thinking of that vehicle as a candidate to replace my wife's 2010 Escape.

It's not weird. There is a thing called personal preference.
If you prefer a Japanese car, then sell your GTI and get something else. People on these VW forums tend to love VW's. It's not rocket science.

Last edited by a moderator:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Originally Posted by chase361
Oh ok i didn’t know it was a diff motor that would have sucked if I just did it and never asked. Maybe I should have posted this in a Tiguan forum..... if that exists.
Oh ok i didn’t know it was a diff motor that would have sucked if I just did it and never asked. Maybe I should have posted this in a Tiguan forum..... if that exists.

Yes there is a forum on Vortex for the new (MQB) Tiguan:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?5473-Tiguan-(MQB)

And before you ask....APR has not cracked the ECU yet, so there isn't a true tune available either yet

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Damn. No tune yet.
I just assumed as well that jb4 could just plug in and work.
I was thinking next SUV would be a 2.0T Atlas and just add a jb4 similar to OP.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The new Tiguan/Beetle/Passat's 2.0T is the the Budack version

The Atlas 2.0T is different from that & actually similar/based on the GTI's engine....though I'm not sure about the tuning/turbo for it

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Damn. No tune yet.
I just assumed as well that jb4 could just plug in and work.
I was thinking next SUV would be a 2.0T Atlas and just add a jb4 similar to OP.

I thought, as long as the connectors and pin locations are the same as the GTI's, the JB or any other piggyback designed for the GTI will work.