GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tires are rubbing Need Help

jackmancuso

So I have a 2015 mk7 gti and I bought Rotiform BLQ wheels 19x8.5 et:35 and i got nt555 tires 245/35/19 and I am rubbing pretty bad im also running H&R sport springs.

The offset is what is screwing me, and im not really sure what options i have for fixing this besides having to sell my set up and start over:/

any suggestions?

Gnasher

Ready to race!
^^^ What he said - even with the right offset the 245s will still rub.

I'm running 235/35 R19 on 8.5 x 19 ET 46 with Eibach sportline springs and I still needed to do the fender screw mod.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Negative camber and roll the fenders. Smaller tires will help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking to buy 245/40 r 19s to wrap my 19x8.5 wheels. If I'm on stock suspension, will I still rub?

Engineer90

Ready to race!
Bro, 35 offset is too far out for 245 tires. et45 is the sweet spot. Plus, your HR springs are 1.5" drop, that's a bit too much for a 245 tire. The MOST drop for 245 is 1".

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed

Engineer90

Ready to race!
Yeah, but I'm at stock height, and have no plans to change that. I figure there should be sufficient space in the wheel well. I'm going through discount tire so they're pretty chill about returning stuff if needed.

Won't rub. Another user in the Vortex forums has 18x8.5 et45 and 245/40/18 with Eiback ProKit springs and he says there's no rubbing at all and no fender screw mod... that's the set up I'm getting.

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
So I have a 2015 mk7 gti and I bought Rotiform BLQ wheels 19x8.5 et:35 and i got nt555 tires 245/35/19 and I am rubbing pretty bad im also running H&R sport springs.

The offset is what is screwing me, and im not really sure what options i have for fixing this besides having to sell my set up and start over:/

any suggestions?

Have images to see how far you are poking outward?

As others mentioned, best solution is going down in tire width. 225 is a decent stretch that will pull in the tire at the top and not look to overly stretched.

I've gone extreme in the past and had a wheel shop machine the mounting surface of the wheel down 5mm which also pulls the wheel inward. I'd say that is an extreme case and I had a large mounting surface, not sure how the BLQ is.