GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kind of a weird question....

chase361

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys so the wife and I went in and checked out the 17 sport and a 18 se today. She fell in love with a 18 Tiguan SEL and looks like we will be buying both at the end of the month. Question is the Tiguan has the same motor as gti sooooo can I get the jb4 for her as well or is it not as simple as that?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hey guys so the wife and I went in and checked out the 17 sport and a 18 se today. She fell in love with a 18 Tiguan SEL and looks like we will be buying both at the end of the month. Question is the Tiguan has the same motor as gti sooooo can I get the jb4 for her as well or is it not as simple as that?

I don't know how long you've been married, but this statement never ends well for you. :)

I don't know where you live but you might want to dial it down to no more than 4 PSI over-boost if you live where it gets hot, if she drives it without you.

alderran1

Ready to race!

Why would you void the warranty? Just get an Acura RDX. It's just about as fast as a GTI. And considering the traction issues with a FWD car I bet 9 times out of 10 you'd lose to an RDX

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Just get an Acura RDX. It's just about as fast as a GTI. And considering the traction issues with a FWD car I bet 9 times out of 10 you'd lose to an RDX

Serious question: why do you continue to post here on an almost daily basis, when it's 100% negative and nothing but trolling at this point? Everyone knows you had a bad experience with your car and HATE VW at this point. So why continue to be a part of this community? Apparently, only to be negative and a constant troll. It's tiresome and is a VERY bad look for you.

Welcome to my (very short) ignore list. I encourage you to find something better to do with your time, and for everyone else to put you on ignore until you finally come to your senses and leave us the fck alone.

alderran1

Ready to race!
Serious question: why do you continue to post here on an almost daily basis, when it's 100% negative and nothing but trolling at this point? Everyone knows you had a bad experience with your car and HATE VW at this point. So why continue to be a part of this community? Apparently, only to be negative and a constant troll. It's tiresome and is a VERY bad look for you.

Welcome to my (very short) ignore list. I encourage you to find something better to do with your time, and for everyone else to put you on ignore until you finally come to your senses and leave us the fck alone.

Yes 160 posts since May 2016 is a daily basis. That's Brak math for you, but oh no I'll never hear from Brak again. No more Brak! Woe is me.

Last edited:

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
Not a good excuse for being a troll...

chase361

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh ok i didn’t know it was a diff motor that would have sucked if I just did it and never asked. Maybe I should have posted this in a Tiguan forum..... if that exists.

alderran1

Ready to race!
Oh ok i didn’t know it was a diff motor that would have sucked if I just did it and never asked. Maybe I should have posted this in a Tiguan forum..... if that exists.

You should read some reviews. Don't know what you are looking for but it doesn't handle as well nor is it as fast as the old Tiguan. That's why I suggested an RDX it is more along the lines of the old Tiguan, but with Honda quality and phenomenal resale value

chase361

Passed Driver's Ed
The wife had a 2016 Rdx advanced and she didn’t like it so she got the Lexus nx200t she likes her Lexus but she lit up like a fing Christmas tree when she saw the Tiguan. She is in love so eh doesn’t bother me. I just thought I can tune it to squeeze out little more spunk. She doesn’t drive like I’ll drive the gti

VentoGT

Ready to race!
The wife had a 2016 Rdx advanced and she didn’t like it so she got the Lexus nx200t she likes her Lexus but she lit up like a fing Christmas tree when she saw the Tiguan. She is in love so eh doesn’t bother me. I just thought I can tune it to squeeze out little more spunk. She doesn’t drive like I’ll drive the gti

APR seems to do more with VWs tuning wise than almost anyone else, so may want to check there. Just remember that nice long warranty goes bye bye once a flash tune is on there--haven't seen anything from Burger for the new Tiguan as of yet

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
Just because I don't tell people to buy VW doesn't make it trolling. I wish I had heard more about the issues with the GTI then I wouldn't have made a 30K mistake
No... You are trolling. You never have anything positive to add and it's as though your life's mission is to whine about your car. Nobody made you buy the car and it's your own fault that you (obviously) did not do adequate research before making a major purchase. Your not taking responsibility for your actions.

You know what you have to do: trade it for a different car. Do your research and don't rush into a bad deal. Go buy a Honda and leave us be...

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
No... You are trolling. You never have anything positive to add and it's as though your life's mission is to whine about your car. Nobody made you buy the car and it's your own fault that you (obviously) did not do adequate research before making a major purchase. Your not taking responsibility for your actions.

You know what you have to do: trade it for a different car. Do your research and don't rush into a bad deal. Go buy a Honda and leave us be...

In Before Alderran1 "You are a liberal <something or other> who only sees the world from your limited point of view" (or some such nonsense).

I however completely agree. But Adam1991 would say that "clearly we know everything about the world and will never accept the fact we are stupid".

Just throwing it out there, but I would never disagree with the joker, I don't want a pencil through my forehead.

Hollow Grind

You should read some reviews. Don't know what you are looking for but it doesn't handle as well nor is it as fast as the old Tiguan. That's why I suggested an RDX it is more along the lines of the old Tiguan, but with Honda quality and phenomenal resale value

Had a 2008 Accord V6 that didn't make it to 90k without major engine issues, not to mention being a rattlebox after 30k or so. There was a class action lawsuit on the known eco mode engine defect, but we didn't qualify because we were two months past the deadline when the misfiring presented itself. Honda America did nothing for us. I traded that POS in on a Camry.

Take your Honda quality and shove it. It's a myth.