GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S2T dsg paddles group buy

Renck

Ready to race!
I have the B2's and they can be shifted from the bottom, but really only from the outer edge. They become increasingly more forgiving to shift with (in terms of finger placement) as you move toward the top of the paddle.

<3 my S2T's. Worth every penny and then some (and I paid full price)!

Thanks for sharing your first hand experience!

B2 it is for me then. :D

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I have the B2's and they can be shifted from the bottom, but really only from the outer edge. They become increasingly more forgiving to shift with (in terms of finger placement) as you move toward the top of the paddle.

That's about what I expected. I wonder if S2T would be willing to modify the B2 to be a little further out like the B3, but still be the same size/shape. I imagine the two pieces are glued together somehow and it wouldn't be too terribly difficult.

Xdpker

Ready to race!

Great, thanks for the confirmation. Looks like demi9ods' assessment was correct.

That's about what I expected. I wonder if S2T would be willing to modify the B2 to be a little further out like the B3, but still be the same size/shape. I imagine the two pieces are glued together somehow and it wouldn't be too terribly difficult.

So you flip flopped 180 on your position? Because I quote "but I'm betting in 99.999% of functions they will shift regardless of how high or low you press." Shifting only from the edge is not 99.999% of times.

Renck

Ready to race!
Great, thanks for the confirmation. Looks like demi9ods' assessment was correct.

So you flip flopped 180 on your position? Because I quote "but I'm betting in 99.999% of functions they will shift regardless of how high or low you press." Shifting only from the edge is not 99.999% of times.

but I'm betting in 99.999% of functions they will shift regardless of how high or low you press on the edges

Fixed! :p

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
but I'm betting in 99.999% of functions they will shift regardless of how high or low you press on the edges

Fixed! :p

haha. Calling me out. To clarify, I meant when using your fingers to press. No one that I'm aware of uses one finger to press in one specific spot (like the inside edge). What i meant was when using several fingers to pull on/squeeze the paddle, you'd be hitting an area that can trip the switch, and that's how the majority of people will use the paddle. I'm not sure when anyone would use a single finger to press on the inside edge of it, in a dead spot.

I do, however, see how my wording was confusing. Apologies mates.

lowbeta

Ordered some B3's in flat black earlier today; just wanted to say thank you to abt12 for setting up this group buy - cheers buddy!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!
haha. Calling me out. To clarify, I meant when using your fingers to press. No one that I'm aware of uses one finger to press in one specific spot (like the inside edge). What i meant was when using several fingers to pull on/squeeze the paddle, you'd be hitting an area that can trip the switch, and that's how the majority of people will use the paddle. I'm not sure when anyone would use a single finger to press on the inside edge of it, in a dead spot.

I do, however, see how my wording was confusing. Apologies mates.

LOL.........I was just pulling your leg. No calling out at all.

Jokes aside, apology accepted.........:p

So, what are you going to order? I'm now decided on pulling the trigger at the B2. For sure I'll report back about shifting from the bottom of the paddle.

Meanwhile..............it is FRIDAY!

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
LOL.........I was just pulling your leg. No calling out at all.

Jokes aside, apology accepted.........:p

So, what are you going to order? I'm now decided on pulling the trigger at the B2. For sure I'll report back about shifting from the bottom of the paddle.

Meanwhile..............it is FRIDAY!

I'm on the fence right now. I wish I could just buy the attachment piece from him, so I can custom machine my own paddle. I still think when actually using your hand, rather than one finger at a specific spot, that it will work just fine, so I'm still leaning towards B2. I'll mostly be using it from the top though since when I race I usually have my hands between 9/10 and 2/3.

Decisions, decisions...

Renck

Ready to race!
I'm on the fence right now. I wish I could just buy the attachment piece from him, so I can custom machine my own paddle. I still think when actually using your hand, rather than one finger at a specific spot, that it will work just fine, so I'm still leaning towards B2. I'll mostly be using it from the top though since when I race I usually have my hands between 9/10 and 2/3.

Decisions, decisions...

Yeah, most of the time I'm going to probably shift from the top. But, it is nice to have the option of quickly tap and shift gears from the bottom of the paddle (if one wants to do it while driving in "relax" mode).

;)

Slapshot1

Ready to race!
Has anyone received a confirmation of their order from S2T? I ordered yesterday and haven’t heard back from them.

EmptyHeaded

Passed Driver's Ed
...nice to have the option of quickly tap and shift gears from the bottom of the paddle (if one wants to do it while driving in "relax" mode).
Beware not to confuse functional with easily functional. :p

It's kinda hard to describe, but understand that it's not a quick tap when you're shifting from the lower paddle... almost more of a "forced massaging" to get the paddle to engage. lol

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Has anyone received a confirmation of their order from S2T? I ordered yesterday and haven’t heard back from them.

It's actually a front webpage I set up to steal your money :eek:

J/k, they're shipping orders starting Monday. I got my PayPal receipt, I wouldn't expect to get anything else until they ship.

geebob

Ready to race!
Is there data/experiences with direct replacements (i.e. S2T or Racingline) not shifting from the bottom, like the sticky and screwed ones? I am really interested in the B2, but the angles are useless if the bottom won't shift. I am definitely in either way though just hoping the B2 can shift from bottom.
I've had the B2 for over a year, and for me it's obvious you lose some on the bottom. The B1 would be the choice if it's a huge concern - unless their extra top length was useless. But, the ridges (B2) are placed so that if your finger is on them, you're good, and if you can just feel them (so not fully on) you can still get it done.

I read somewhere that it's to do with the design of the stock setup, so I'd be curious if you can even shift from the very bottom of the stock piece. Also makes me wonder if the first one out (just an assumption from the name) takes this into account.

I'm very happy with the B2 - you get used to it quickly, the ridges are you're friend.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I've had the B2 for over a year, and for me it's obvious you lose some on the bottom. The B1 would be the choice if it's a huge concern - unless their extra top length was useless. But, the ridges (B2) are placed so that if your finger is on them, you're good, and if you can just feel them (so not fully on) you can still get it done.

I read somewhere that it's to do with the design of the stock setup, so I'd be curious if you can even shift from the very bottom of the stock piece. Also makes me wonder if the first one out (just an assumption from the name) takes this into account.

I'm very happy with the B2 - you get used to it quickly, the ridges are you're friend.

Does anyone know if the B1 can be used completely at the top?