Drag Race Newbie
RIP

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Ouch, hows the motor?

Sent via Pide Piper compression app

GH03ST.

Passed Driver's Ed
The same thing happened to me 2 months ago.. go with the steel oil pan off ECS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Sorry to see that. It looks like if you were 2" higher it would have missed. Skid plate or metal oil pan for lowered cars.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Same thing happened to my previous car. Insurance covered the replacement and i just paid the deductible. But the incident was reported as an accident and it showed up in the vehicle history when i sold the car.

And posting the below message on behalf of Chuck from ECS :)

There are some mods that should be considered to get done as soon as possible. These will not make your GTI / R go any faster but will keep the car from getting damaged.

Our cars come from the factory with a plastic front belly pan and a plastic oil pan from VW. They did that to save weight and cost. But if you live where there are pot holes, swells in the roads from salt, animals crossing the road, or a speed bump that you hit at the wrong angle or speed, these can crack the oil pan open on your R.

The best way to protect your investment is to install a Skid Plate that we sell at ECS Tuning. Here is the link to it: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...011768ecs01kt/
?utm_source=golfmk7&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=chuck_10_31_2017

The next mod we recommend is to install a catch can. Our motors are very pron to carbon build up on the valves and in the intake runners. Over time this will cause drivability problems and loss of power. Here is the link to the one we sell at ECS Tuning: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...901ecs01-01kt/
?utm_source=golfmk7&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=chuck_10_31_2017

Hope this helps

Chuck

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I once saw a Nissan Altima that hit a chunk of concrete on the freeway, took out the lower and upper oil pans, subframe, 1/2 the front suspension... It looked like the guy ran over a bag of anvils.

VentoGT

Ready to race!
Before you buy that ECS skid plate do a search--there are some threads about the engineering not being particularly good and it attaching to the wrong parts of the underbody. No skin in either game I just read through some very deep threads about the underbody protection a while back.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie