GOLFMKV

manual vs dsg and why

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I also put salt on great food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hardly the same.........but..............ok.

I put ketchup on fries.............your point?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
This is a personal choice.

I prefer MT and honestly I don’t even think about the clutch when I’m in traffic.

It’s so easy to operate with no fatigue.

No doubt DSG is betterfrom a speed and tuning perspective, however for me it’s not worth the sacrifice of engagement.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
It amazes me that this topic has gone on for 26+ pages...

2 enter 1 leaves

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Point is you take something that’s really good and make it better. That’s why everyone changes the car. Some tune the engine. Does that mean that it wasn’t good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
Drove a manual for 30 years...............DSG all the way, best of both worlds and in many cases better. You sure are a passive/aggressive SOB, lighten up.
I guess you missed the irony that your response itself is "passive aggressive". I guess you expect Manual drivers to just "take" abuse from DSG drivers without defending ourselves...

VentoGT

Ready to race!
I will say that I had the opportunity to drive my Bro in law's Dad's Ferrari 360 this weekend...and I was thanking God and Baby Jesus it was a 6 speed MT. Should I ever be in a financial position to own a Ferrari, 3 pedals it will be. Rowing cogs through that gated shifter is amazing and the connection to the car is raw and visceral.

No right/wrong answers here, but I for one prefer the pure mechanical connection to a car. I know the GTI/Golf is no Ferrari but for me it's about the experience.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I believe the 360 was the last Ferrari to offer a manual. IIRC, all newer Ferrari's have F1 style single disc, clutchless paddle shifters. Certain rare limited ed's may offer up a manual, but Ferrari has been moving away from 3 pedals for quite sometime. If I had a weekend car that was a "true" sports car I would opt for a manual if available, but many sports cars are NOT using 3 pedals anymore. My weekend car of choice would be an Alfa 4C Spider and that has a DSG, no manual offered.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I guess you missed the irony that your response itself is "passive aggressive". I guess you expect Manual drivers to just "take" abuse from DSG drivers without defending ourselves...

So much abuse, absolutely defend yourself from all the "bad" DSG bullies. :rolleyes:

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
I believe the 360 was the last Ferrari to offer a manual. IIRC, all newer Ferrari's have F1 style single disc, clutchless paddle shifters. Certain rare limited ed's may offer up a manual, but Ferrari has been moving away from 3 pedals for quite sometime. If I had a weekend car that was a "true" sports car I would opt for a manual if available, but many sports cars are NOT using 3 pedals anymore. My weekend car of choice would be an Alfa 4C Spider and that has a DSG, no manual offered.

Your best bet would be an Elise. That's my future "3rd car/weekend car". DSG GTI for DD and an Elise for weekend and fun drives :D

s.hasan546

Passed Driver's Ed

last ferrari to offer a manual was the f430.

s.hasan546

Passed Driver's Ed
Your best bet would be an Elise. That's my future "3rd car/weekend car". DSG GTI for DD and an Elise for weekend and fun drives :D

Not sold brand new anymore. Good luck finding a good one with low miles for a reasonable price lol. I just sold my exige. I sold it for more than I paid for it in 2012. Very hard to find find any low mile elige in the desirable MY's.