GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XDS related topics

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Has anyone figured out what Counter Steer Support is? Also, does anyone have the security code for this setting? I've tried several but no joy.

LeGti

Ready to race!
Have you tried 20103?

LeGti

Ready to race!

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I tried 20103, and it would accept the code, but it wouldn’t allow adaptation of the Counter Steer. Could be user error. I’ll try again.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I tried again, using 20103 and 11966. Both codes were accepted, but when I tried to change Counter Steer Support, an error msg appeared stating that a security code was required. So I must have the wrong codes.
Does anyone know of other codes.

geebob

Ready to race!
I tried again, using 20103 and 11966. Both codes were accepted, but when I tried to change Counter Steer Support, an error msg appeared stating that a security code was required. So I must have the wrong codes.
Does anyone know of other codes.
From my notes:

Steering Assist: 19249 ... secondary - 28183 & 44595

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks, but none of those were accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LeGti

Ready to race!
Thanks, but none of those were accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you tried leaving VCDS on and linked to the car for ten minutes? I kept getting locked out too, then tried leaving VCDS on and the car on (engine off). Re-entered and it worked...

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry, I brain farted, thought you were in 44 steering. The ones I've used in brakes that you haven't as far as I can tell are:

Is it me??

I tried these codes. All were accepted, but none would allow changes to the Counter Steer channel.

I have successfully changed other channels, so I don't know what the issue is other than I still don't have the correct code.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Hi, does setting XDS to strong help get more traction in snow. Note: have winter tires as well.

I don't imagine it makes any difference in snow. It's only going to brake one of the wheels, but it doesn't send any more power to the wheel with traction like a LSD does. It's really just to help with taking fast corners.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone have further thoughts on this?

I have a PP GTI and set my XDS to Strong for shits and giggles (with the intention of turning it off later), but now I’m quite liking it. Def a little slower when you’re on the gas in a corner but damn does it corner nicely, feels Audi like.

Jofa73

Passed Driver's Ed