GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Log Comparison Thread

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Thanks guys.
Jb1 was 12.995 at 109mph.
Jb4 was 13.1 at 110.32mph, slipping clutch. Would have done 111 at 12.7 or so.
I don't have E85 near me, so that'll be tough.

Would have been nice to had the JB4 get one more go on the new clutch and a little more boost. Your settings still left some on the table

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Would have been nice to had the JB4 get one more go on the new clutch and a little more boost. Your settings still left some on the table

You're absolutely right. I feel confident it would be around 111 to 112mph (jb4). Nothing but great things to say about it. I just wanted that extra 5% :)
Video here of the run.
https://youtu.be/g4dZ114dyRs

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
did a Vdyno of my newest revision. I thought it was hilarious.

Not sure why its reading so funny. Also my Cobb TPS only shows 80 even @ WOT 100% peddle acceleration.

Anyone elses logs showing this?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 273

geebob

Ready to race!
Here is a short video of Cobb and the TC update.

https://youtu.be/VvyGbvETSak

Roads still play a factor and tires too.

I might be missing something, but he has the stock ASR disabled, yet the traction light (squiggly lines) comes on. Not sure why he was flashing it, one of the cool things about the Cobb traction is it turns your button into a toggle between the factory and Cobb's TC.

I can't say much about it yet because I don't understand the user end, control wise.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
did a Vdyno of my newest revision. I thought it was hilarious.

Not sure why its reading so funny. Also my Cobb TPS only shows 80 even @ WOT 100% peddle acceleration.

Anyone elses logs showing this?

Your TIPS being at 80 is fine. That is where mine is at. You want to be looking at Accel Pedal Position (%) that should be reading 100. If you want to email me the log, or put it on datazap.me I can pull it down and see if I can figure out why it's graphing like that and help you out.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I might be missing something, but he has the stock ASR disabled, yet the traction light (squiggly lines) comes on. Not sure why he was flashing it, one of the cool things about the Cobb traction is it turns your button into a toggle between the factory and Cobb's TC.

I can't say much about it yet because I don't understand the user end, control wise.

I believe that even if the ASR is disabled it is not fully off unless turned off by by VAG or OBD. Might be wrong here.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
My Cobb TC experience was much different than Dev's.
I get slight wheelspin right at the beginning and then it hooks consistently after that with the pedal mashed. No flickering of lights. I do have the Vagcom settings applied though (fully defeated).
Didn't try at the track as with slicks and 6MT you want a bit of wheel spin to stop it from bogging.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
My Cobb TC experience was much different than Dev's.
I get slight wheelspin right at the beginning and then it hooks consistently after that with the pedal mashed. No flickering of lights. I do have the Vagcom settings applied though (fully defeated).
Didn't try at the track as with slicks and 6MT you want a bit of wheel spin to stop it from bogging.

I think I had terrible road where I did the launches. Otherwise I have the same experience slight spin and hook.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Dont forget the all seasons. I have PSS and mine didnt do that at all.

Yeah i need better tires I have all seasons with 24k miles on them. You can imagine.