GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shipping Pucks Still Installed (Angry)

Z27

Ready to race!

K.A.I.N.

Ready to race!
FYI this continues to be an issue. My suspension felt like I was hitting the bumpstops on the smallest of road imperfections. Jacked up the car today, found three pucks on each strut. To their credit, the sales manager profusely apologized and I got a free accessory from the parts department to make amends. Luckily I had only 350 miles when I found out. Drives MUCH better now, and the front is now even with the rear.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
FYI this continues to be an issue. My suspension felt like I was hitting the bumpstops on the smallest of road imperfections. Jacked up the car today, found three pucks on each strut. To their credit, the sales manager profusely apologized and I got a free accessory from the parts department to make amends. Luckily I had only 350 miles when I found out. Drives MUCH better now, and the front is now even with the rear.

Glad you found before too long.
At least they reacted right.
Enjoy the new car......now.

Last edited:

RobDMB

Passed Driver's Ed
Is the car obviously stiff if these are left in? Thread is making me paranoid even though car seems to drive fine.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Is the car obviously stiff if these are left in? Thread is making me paranoid even though car seems to drive fine.

More than stiff I am sure.
Think solid!
Many mention if still in they hear loud thud even going over small speed bumps.
To everyone who reads this, new owners and future owners, check this ASAP to make sure. Jack front of car up on both sides and look under rubber shock boot.
The pucks are plastic, look like small horse shoes, and are pink or light blue.
Ban the puck!

K.A.I.N.

Ready to race!
Is it possible to see without jacking the car up?

You will need to have the front suspension unloaded to yank out the pucks anyway, so it's best to jack the car up. Takes just a few minutes. The pucks are under the dust boot, so you have to reach in and lift the boot to expose the strut spindle.

mickR

Ready to race!
Happened to a good friend of mine couple of weeks ago. Luckily I knew and had told him of the issue and he had already driven my R so knew what it should feel like. Collected new R, drove home felt hard. Checked tyres, dealer had over inflated to move car around showroom, tyres were over 70psi (should be 36. Car still felt hard, checked and 2 pucks either side. He got first 2 services thrown in after kicking up a storm. Got to check every time, there must be loads of Golfs on the road that still have these in and owners unaware if they've been missed on original PDI, dealers will not check afterwards.