GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI Stage 3 issues

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
Problems have gotten considerably worse, called BFI. Moving towards a Refund at this point as I cannot wait for competition clutch to make more clutches plus the wait time from shipping. Sachs is here in Germany (zf) so I figure I can just drive to schweinfurt with my friend and pick it up.
Smart. Hopefully BFI will issue you a refund. They're known for having some of the worst customer service in the industry.

Are you looking at the SRE clutch that uses the stock DMF or the one that uses the lightweight flywheel?

Smart. Hopefully BFI will issue you a refund. They're known for having some of the worst customer service in the industry.

Are you looking at the SRE clutch that uses the stock DMF or the one that uses the lightweight flywheel?

i dont know, im thinking id like to use the stock one to keep noise down, but if there are benefits other than faster standing revs with the lightweight flywheel ill look into it

GTIManEG

Ready to race!
Okay so I just replaced the G336 sensor on the side of the intake manifold and it seems most of my more severe drivability issues (jerkiness, car lurching when shifting gears) are gone. Big thanks to GTIManEG. This is a relief as I was hoping that these issues weren't from the clutch. Car pulls harder and smoother than it ever has before. Really pleased with the way the car drives now.

Once again thanks GTIManEG, you saved me hundreds of dollars. :)

Any time. Glad I could help, funny thing two cars came in today with manifold runner sensor faults. Both cars just had oil changes done. (no really oil change and when the car was started BAM! check engine light.) One the customer did it himself and the other was at a quick lube. From what it looks like both the sensors where some how damaged from the removing and installing of the oil filter housing. Can see this happening, just look how close the sensor is to that housing.

Just a heads up, keep a eye out for it when you are doing your oil change.

The problem you are having in first gear low speeds is what I was getting.
I swapped my ECS bleeder block back to factory, did not help.
So if I was going to drop the trans it was to replace this fucking clutch kit.
2500 miles and all is good. Sat in traffic for two hours today and not one problem, sticking or hiccup. Nice and quite no chatter:cool:

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Just a heads up, keep a eye out for it when you are doing your oil change.

The problem you are having in first gear low speeds is what I was getting.
I swapped my ECS bleeder block back to factory, did not help.
So if I was going to drop the trans it was to replace this fucking clutch kit.
2500 miles and all is good. Sat in traffic for two hours today and not one problem, sticking or hiccup. Nice and quite no chatter:cool:

Good call, will do.

And yeah honestly if I short shift into second I literally never have the problem, its only when i go up to around 15-20 kmh in 1st gear and I never do that anyways, so it's not a problem that I run into when driving the car normally. I'm not too concerned, everything else about this clutch I really do like so I'm probably just going to keep it. It's fantastic on the track and that's really what I need it for.. The chatter can be noisy but I'm going to raise my idle RPM to 1000 so that it goes away :)

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
So I am going with the Sach's, just wanted to know if i can use the oem flywheel without re-surfacing it, since it has less than 12000 miles on it, and if anyone uses it with an is38?

So I just commented on this same question in another post you had and didn't realize it was you with the clutch issues. Since your DMF isn't even in the car take a picture of the front of it and the side of it (to see if it is warped on the side at all) and post it here. Or just bring it to your shop and ask if it needs to be resurfaced.

DJ_Matt

Passed Driver's Ed
I thought you weren't supposed to resurface the OEM... Or couldn't...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I've never looked into it but I'm not sure you can resurface a DMF without dissembling it. If it doesn't have visible heat discoloration or grooves worn in it from excessive slipping it should be ok tho. Problem is, you can't tell without a dial indicator if it's within spec for flatness, which most people and shops alike won't have handy

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
So I am going with the Sach's, just wanted to know if i can use the oem flywheel without re-surfacing it, since it has less than 12000 miles on it, and if anyone uses it with an is38?

So is BFI reimbursing you for the time it took to drop the tranny again? I would resurface or buy a new OEM as well as get the RMS done... this must have been a PITA ordeal for you, don't take any shortcuts.

Clutch had to be ordered, no way to pick it up. Should be here Thursday. Only problem is if my income tax refund don't get here soon I'm gonna have to reschedule the install for next week. Damn savings is all spent. I hate that shit.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Clutch had to be ordered, no way to pick it up. Should be here Thursday. Only problem is if my income tax refund don't get here soon I'm gonna have to reschedule the install for next week. Damn savings is all spent. I hate that shit.

Hey BFI, stop fucking around and help this ONE guy one thats having problems with your clutch. Give him a break.

Lost ALL respect for you guys and I will never, ever recommend you to anyone.

I run a Facebook group for Mk7 GTI and Golf R owners in Toronto, Canada, there are 1000 of us after only a year, and as an admin I'll wholeheartedly never recommend any one of those 1000 members that they buy your products solely based on customer service alone. Sorry, you brought this upon yourselves. You've hardly replied once to this thread, and you know it's here.