GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eds replica lights low beam out

nate.d

I talked to ed and he helped me out a little bit. I'm looking for something more detailed if this happened to anyone else. I just put these lights in about a month ago and they work and look great. They are definitely one of my favorite mods. The right low beam light just went out a couple days ago and ed suggested moisture probably got in one of the cords.

Is there a way I can disconnect the HID kit and just put my stock halogen bulb in until I get a new cord for the kit? Does the stock bulb even fit in there and if it does how do you hook it up?

N10S

Ready to race!
Post your solution for problem, this is forum!

Agree. I have a similar issue with one of my low beams. If I disconnect all my wires and connectors and then reseat them my issues will clear for a little bit. Almost seems like a bad connector connection or wire not well terminated.

Interested in your process for changing to halogen with eds lights so if you can share your experience it would be appreciated. I have considered buying a set of 65 watt osram rally h7's to run in the projectors.

nate.d

i just took my halogen bulbs out of my stock headlights. When you pull out the bulbs there are 2 prongs. Inside of the housing on eds lights there is this small square box that has a blue and black cord connected to it. There are 2 slots in the box and that is where you put the prongs that are on the halogen bulbs. It is easiest to put the bulb in first then plug that box and bulb. I actually went and bought bright white h7 halogens and they really don't look too different than the LEDs.

N10S

Ready to race!
i just took my halogen bulbs out of my stock headlights. When you pull out the bulbs there are 2 prongs. Inside of the housing on eds lights there is this small square box that has a blue and black cord connected to it. There are 2 slots in the box and that is where you put the prongs that are on the halogen bulbs. It is easiest to put the bulb in first then plug that box and bulb. I actually went and bought bright white h7 halogens and they really don't look too different than the LEDs.

Ah...yes, just recalling that set-up. Thanks!!