GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Disconnected battery, now one rear window won't auto roll down/up

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
The thread title lays it out good... Installed the dieselgeek sigma 6 short shifter and APR cable bracket today had to remove the battery and loosen the battery tray for a little extra wiggle room.

Anyway, short shifter & cable bracket installed. Super tight and precise now. So that went great!

So the bad news is that I've been unsuccessful in restoring the auto up/down on only the passenger rear window. Had a little trouble with the drivers side rear, but the front two recalibrated fine.

So far I've tried the following:
-press/pull hold for 3,5,10, and 20 seconds after the window is all the way down/up

It's just the passenger rear window.

What am I missing here?

triharderken

Ready to race!
Roll it down all the way and press down to the second (auto) detent and hold it. Roll the window up and press and hold the up button to the second detent for about 3 seconds. This will teach your window the up/down limits.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Roll it down all the way and press down to the second (auto) detent and hold it. Roll the window up and press and hold the up button to the second detent for about 3 seconds. This will teach your window the up/down limits.
I'm familiar with the procedure from owning a mk6 golf and removing the battery on that car several times.

Again as stated in the first post that procedure worked for all three of the other windows. It's just the passenger rear window that's being difficult :(

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Same here, I didn't mean to come across as mad at you. (edited my post from a :mad: to a :( as a second read looks that way)

I'm just frustrated with the car since I've never had this much of a problem with relearning the windows in the car before.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Today I tried disconnecting both terminals from the battery than touching both wires together while disconnected from the battery.

Connected the battery back to the car, positive first then negative. Reset all the fun errors and lights again.

Recalibrated the front windows and than the rear windows.

Same window is unhappy. All other windows work except for the passenger side rear window. Same as before It still doesn't work for auto up/down.

Dryer

Passed Driver's Ed
Chiming in to say I recently noticed the same problem. After disconnecting the battery for JB4 install, all windows auto roll up and down except for the right rear passenger window. Excited to find a fix for this...

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Chiming in to say I recently noticed the same problem. After disconnecting the battery for JB4 install, all windows auto roll up and down except for the right rear passenger window. Excited to find a fix for this...
Passenger rear window as well?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Did you try the auto up from the actual rear door?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Did you try the auto up from the actual rear door?
As far as I know the rear doors don't have switches capable of performing the auto up or down functions.

This happen to mine not while installing JB4 it was random i took it to the dealer and they said it was a pinched wire. it was covered under warranty. I would just call and take it in.
I have a upcoming trip to the dealer soon so I was figuring that if no one else had a quick fix I'd let them know about this issue as well.