GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is this a good deal? MK7 GTI

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
First time potential VW owner. Came from STI, 335i (n54/n55), Evo 9, Miata NA, SRT8, etc. MK7 really caught my attention with it's versatility and tuning potential. Anyhow, did I get a good deal on this MK7 GTI? Haven't committed yet but i've inquired with 3-4 dealerships and this is the best price i've had. Unfortunately I don't qualify for the $1k VW loyal owners rebate.

Sale Price $24,536
Dealer fee $599
Tax $1759.45
Tag / Title / Reg $46

Drive out cost: $26,940.45

MSRP $29,135
2017 GTI Sport
6-Speed Manual
Pure White

Last edited:

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
About what I paid for mine. Seems like $25K for a '17 sport before taxes/fees is the magic number. I'm sure plenty of people across the country have gotten if for less but not worth loosing sleep over a hundred here or there. No one seemed to want to go below $25K here in New England.

Get them to throw LED fogs in with that deal even if they're aftermarket. They didn't seem to want to lose the deal over fogs at that price so sure you can pull it off if they're something you want.

Go for it, its a great car. You won't regret it unless you absolutely despise FWD. Still, the diff on this thing is ridiculously good.

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
First time potential VW owner. Came from STI, 335i (n54/n55), Evo 9, Miata NA, SRT8, etc. MK7 really caught my attention with it's versatility and tuning potential. Anyhow, did I get a good deal on this MK7 GTI? Haven't committed yet but i've inquired with 3-4 dealerships and this is the best price i've had. Unfortunately I don't qualify for the $1k VW loyal owners rebate.

Sale Price $24,536
Dealer fee $599
Tax $1759.45
Tag / Title / Reg $46

Drive out cost: $26,940.45

MSRP $29,135
2017 GTI Sport
6-Speed Manual
Pure White

I paid $25,500 for my 2017 Sport 6MT from a dealer in the Albany, NY area. They had to locate from another dealer 120 miles away; so I think I could've gotten it for less had it been on their lot. Great car, well worth the "drive out cost" for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
How many miles did you guys have on the odometer when you picked it up? Seems like even fresh off the truck there's about 10-12 miles at least.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
How many miles did you guys have on the odometer when you picked it up? Seems like even fresh off the truck there's about 10-12 miles at least.

Pretty common. Mine had 30, and I was the only person to test drive it. They had to remove the plastic and stuff from the seats for me to drive it haha

gamille

Passed Driver's Ed
I just bought my wife a manual S last week and paid $22k including all fees (but no taxes due to trade). Her sticker was $26735.

I bought my S for around $21k with no taxes again, a few days later (my sticker was $26400 or so). I dealt with Jim Ellis Kennesaw. I will say that Heritage matched their pricing on mine, but JE ended up undercutting them a few hundred more. I normally don't do back and forth, but some crazy shenanigans led to me looking away from JE for my deal.

You may check where you work to see if you have any discounts associated with your employer. I wasn't aware of this for my wife's car, but when working my deal, the salesman happened to ask. I went back, and sure enough I was able to print a certificate for another $500 off through VW's discount site.

My wife's had 50 miles on it, mine had 40 miles, some of that was due to a dealer swap from the Atlanta JE.

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
I just bought my wife a manual S last week and paid $22k including all fees (but no taxes due to trade). Her sticker was $26735.

I bought my S for around $21k with no taxes again, a few days later (my sticker was $26400 or so). I dealt with Jim Ellis Kennesaw. I will say that Heritage matched their pricing on mine, but JE ended up undercutting them a few hundred more. I normally don't do back and forth, but some crazy shenanigans led to me looking away from JE for my deal.

You may check where you work to see if you have any discounts associated with your employer. I wasn't aware of this for my wife's car, but when working my deal, the salesman happened to ask. I went back, and sure enough I was able to print a certificate for another $500 off through VW's discount site.

My wife's had 50 miles on it, mine had 40 miles, some of that was due to a dealer swap from the Atlanta JE.

Good looking out. I'll hit them up tomorrow if things don't work out tonight. I've narrowed it down to Stone Mountain, Heritage, and Jim Ellis ATL. Jim Ellis was able to get me down to a lower APR so I opted to go with them first but they didn't have the car so they had to flatbed one in from AL. I dropped by today to sign for it and upon closer inspection it looked like someone had detailed it with the backside of a sponge. Clutch also made several clicking and whirring noises that weren't present in the 3 other GTIs I drove. Pass.

The other sport on the lot was black and in the same condition minus the clutch noises. I can deal with some swirls but not scratches in the paint and various parts of the interior trim. The salesman himself said that they had a shoddy detail guy. Pass on Jim Ellis.

Back to Stone Mountain in a few hours.

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Finally took her home last night from Stone Mountain VW. They threw in monster mats, 3M door edge, and cup guards for the same price as post 1. Be weary of in-house financing wherever you go. They'll increase your interest rate to include additional programs (warranty, maintenance plan, etc) to make it look like you're getting a deal at the same price and will focus solely on your monthly payment/cost per day. Not my first rodeo so I called them out and shortly after my APR dropped by a good margin.

Dropping it off today to get XPEL put on from a third party. Couldn't be happier! Thanks for all of the helpful posts!

gamille

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm glad it worked out for you. I hate that with the Jim Ellis Atlanta dealer. I don't expect too much from a lot detailer, but that's absurd.

What color did you end up getting?

wantone

Ready to race!
Pretty common. Mine had 30, and I was the only person to test drive it. They had to remove the plastic and stuff from the seats for me to drive it haha

Seems common for VW's but I'm not sure why. I've been poking around at Honda Civics lately. While few and far between for manual EX-T versions, most if not all have been test driven it seems. 15 plus miles and higher. Sounds low right? However on most other Civics, the miles are under 5. I've seen some at 3 miles and a few even at 1 mile. NOT the trip odometer either. I remember years ago going to a Honda dealer with my girlfriend and saw several UNDER 1 mile.

That is a HUGE difference in miles, even if both cars are new. What the heck is VW doing that Honda does not?