GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

robstahl

Ready to race!
any performance benefit over a JB1 staying stock?

I have a 2016 golf r with JB1 with only a resonator delete. I dont plan on modifying it anymore. Is there any need to get a JB4 upgrade?
Thanks
Rob

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I have a 2016 golf r with JB1 with only a resonator delete. I dont plan on modifying it anymore. Is there any need to get a JB4 upgrade?
Thanks
Rob

If you happy with the power delivery of the car and smoothness no real need to upgrade. If you want it to drive more refined with a slight power gain then its well worth it.

britet

I am strongly considering getting either the JB1 or JB4, but a lot of the technical aspects go over my head. I just want my car to go faster. Can you advise "for dummies":

1. What advantages do the JB4 offer over the JB1, considering I will likely just "set it and forget it" and have no real interest in keeping track of the technical data?

2. Which map would likely be best for me, where I just want as much increased power/torque as possible without having to worry about switching maps or comparing data? For fuel would be using 93 octane R+M/2 method (USA).

Thanks!!!!

Mk72015

Ready to race!
I am strongly considering getting either the JB1 or JB4, but a lot of the technical aspects go over my head. I just want my car to go faster. Can you advise "for dummies":

1. What advantages do the JB4 offer over the JB1, considering I will likely just "set it and forget it" and have no real interest in keeping track of the technical data?

2. Which map would likely be best for me, where I just want as much increased power/torque as possible without having to worry about switching maps or comparing data? For fuel would be using 93 octane R+M/2 method (USA).

Thanks!!!!

I would get the Jb4 for sure, not the Jb1. Jb4 you always half the datalog capability and adjustable settings. I think if your bone stock you will be running map 1, George is a great guy and he will be able to answer any questions you do have.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

Thanks!!!!

Hi,

Both units have set and forget maps so best bet is to check which install suites you better. Also relative to if your car is a manual or DSG I can recommend maps etc.

Thanks,

gEorge

RAubry

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi George, I just installed the Bluetooth unit, so far the difference is incredible, I have a 034 Motorsport intake, charge pipes and turbo muffler delete. No downpipe yet. I want to try map 6 with your recommendations. How many logs should I send you and at which map setting?
I did not tap into the AFR wire to keep as OEM as possible, would this be a must if I want map 6?
Thanks

rr1santos

Ready to race!
looking at tunes to stack with jb4...would it be advantagous at all? looking at eurodyne..

Yamdan1

What cable to connect?

Is it the upper or lower to connect the blue wire to?

Attachments

• IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,651

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Hi George, I just installed the Bluetooth unit, so far the difference is incredible, I have a 034 Motorsport intake, charge pipes and turbo muffler delete. No downpipe yet. I want to try map 6 with your recommendations. How many logs should I send you and at which map setting?
I did not tap into the AFR wire to keep as OEM as possible, would this be a must if I want map 6?
Thanks

Yes over map 1 I would advise the AFR tap.