Splash Guards
Luggage Net
Roadside Kit
Wheel Locks
Tint

Last edited:

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
Might be a bit premature, but does anyone have any thoughts as to if these kind of prices will hold up for the 2018 model this time next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
Might be a bit premature, but does anyone have any thoughts as to if these kind of prices will hold up for the 2018 model this time next year?

I've heard there will be a 2017.5 golf so the pricing on these 2017 models may stay low until those are released. I can't imagine dealers offering 4000-5000 off msrp on "new" 2017.5 golfs/GTI's if they indeed do a refresh mid year.

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Stone Mountain Volkswagen
Stone Mountain, Georgia

MSRP $29,135
2017 GTI Sport
6-Speed Manual
Pure White

Sale Price $24,536
Dealer fee $599
Tax $1759.45
Tag / Title / Reg $46

Drive out cost: $26,940.45

Included monster mats (front, rear, trunk), door edge and cup guards, VW roadside assistance kit

defcon5

Ready to race!
I drive home my 2016 R on 18 Feb. It was in Houston TX and I am in suburbs of North Dallas. It cost 200 for a one way rental car but it was a good deal I thought not to pass up. It has DCC,NAV and DSG with 5600 miles. Original ask price was $32880 but they credit me a little because the package tray was missing. Who would keep that? Anyway, so I buy it for $32700 plus tax and registration charges etc...
It seems this Golf was a lease but I suspect previous owner could not afford payment so he traded in for a Toyota (i dont know which model he traded for). Dealer said the first owner was desperate to get out of the lease but he did not elaborate, privacy I suspect. My friend at VW ran the VIN and it show no red flag with VW and car fax was good too so.... here it is. Sorry it was clean before it rain this morning.

IMG_20170220_132855678_HDR.jpg

FormerTDI

I'm a (soon to be former) owner of a 2011 TDI taking the buyback option. I love the TDI, but the buyback deal is just too good to pass up so for the first time ever I decided to buy a new car online. I test drove a MK7 GTI, Honda Accord V6, Subaru WRX, and a BMW 3-series and at the end of the day I was sold on the MK7 GTI. I looked at my local VW dealerships, but none of them were offering anything like the discounts I saw on this thread.

I went to Cars.com and started emailing many of the dealers with 1000 miles of my location (Connecticut). Some places responded quickly, others not at all, and quite a few didn't seem interested in pursuing the sale. While some places were cheaper (ie DC Dealerships) I ended up choosing a Massachusetts dealer because they were closer and they were straight shooters from the get go. They also delivered the car to my nearest DMV at no extra cost to get it registered, convenient!

2017 GTI SE manual
MSRP: $32,250 (includes monster mats, roadside assistance, lighting package, splash guards)
Sale Price: $26,120 (includes $1,000 loyalty)
+$449 dealer
+$170 title/reg
+$1,698 taxes
= $28,437

Tried to upcharge me on a bunch of stuff (Extended warranty, tire protection, and other things) but I declined them all

My buyback is on March 14th (I didn't think it would take 6 weeks to schedule when I bought the GTI), but here are the two big asses side-by-side!

Last edited:

SouthernFlyer09

I just made a deal on a 2017 GTI Sport DSG for $24,535. In Raleigh NC. The price includes a $500 partner program rebate and does not include admin fees and taxes.
I could have gotten a $700 better deal but I do not have the time to go D.C. Area and the plane tickets would have cost me over $200 plus a full day of travel. I think I got a pretty good deal.

Jeremy

Did you go through Leith?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I'm surprised Leith went that low. I can't stand their dealerships.

SouthernFlyer09

I'm surprised Leith went that low. I can't stand their dealerships.

Did you make your purchase in the Raleigh area? I spoke with Leith after a test drive and they seemed pretty helpful. I mentioned pricing in the DC area which they at first did not believe but seemed willing to try and come close after a longer discussion.

I would like to do business local but the discounts in VA are hard to pass up.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I went to Leith back in September and told them about the pricing in DC. They said I was lying and that's nonsense. I got a plane ticket and picked up the car. They know the pricing is true. So if they sold a car for D.C. Pricing im impressed by the buyer to get them to do that.

SouthernFlyer09

I went to Leith back in September and told them about the pricing in DC. They said I was lying and that's nonsense. I got a plane ticket and picked up the car. They know the pricing is true. So if they sold a car for D.C. Pricing im impressed by the buyer to get them to do that.

They essentially told me it wasn't true either but I showed them the exact cost breakdown from a dealer in DC. Once I get closer to a purchase date I will see if they play ball.

rfc89747

Ready to race!
I doubt the dealer will accept the offer, but I currently have an offer in on a 2016 R 6MT with DCC. Used with 5,500 miles on it. They are considering an out the door price of $36k (so probably a sale price of about $33.5K). Is that a great deal, or should I still walk?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Seems like you could do better.