GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you could change the color, would you?

CoGforever

Passed Driver's Ed
I got white and I still love it. I wash it weekly because I like it looking clean and it's a lot easier to keep looking clean than black. I've had black as well and it was a pain, but looked great when it was clean.

If I had to choose again, I'd still choose white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems like the safest color to go with to me. Even though I want the RS just as badly. The girlfriend doesn't want me to get the Silver, 'though I keep showing her pictures of the test drives (car was RS). I think it's the way it changes color in different lighting, like CSG, just in a more elegant shade..

I'd also like something like up above ^^ because those colors have a little more "life" in 'em, if you would. But again, we don't get those lol.
I was also wondering though, Pure White is just that right, pure? Meaning none of the beautiful crystals in it, but just a plain white.

TechRoss

Ready to race!
I have pure white and love it but would love that grey. I read somewhere, I think it was for a S3 it is Nardo grey or something like that.

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
The grass is always greener on the other side. This statement holds especially true for car colors. When I bought my mk7, it was between pure white or tornado red for me. No other color was even an option. When I saw white and red side by side, I decided I wanted white because of how clean and classy it looked and how the red accents popped on white. Now I feel like every time I see a red GTI I'm like "Oh look how sporty and sexy it looks in red.." I feel like my white car blends in with all the other soccer-mom german SUV's lol. When I see CSG I'm dazzled by the deep metallic flake I don't get with my glossy white finish. When I see silver, I'm jelly of the rarity (sort of..).

Moral of the story: The one you fell in love with first is probably the right answer anyway. You will always find a reason to doubt your initial decision. Give your car a nice bath and wax and you will fall in love all over again. :D

Brett19

I like the color of my GTI as it is (CSG) but if Limestone Gray Metallic was an option on the GTI, I definitely would have chosen it instead.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
The grass is always greener on the other side. This statement holds especially true for car colors. When I bought my mk7, it was between pure white or tornado red for me. No other color was even an option. When I saw white and red side by side, I decided I wanted white because of how clean and classy it looked and how the red accents popped on white. Now I feel like every time I see a red GTI I'm like "Oh look how sporty and sexy it looks in red.." I feel like my white car blends in with all the other german soccer-mom SUV's lol. When I see CSG I'm dazzled by the deep metallic flake I don't get with my glossy white finish. When I see silver, I'm jelly of the rarity (sort of..).

Moral of the story: The one you fell in love with first is probably the right answer anyway. You will always find a reason to doubt your initial decision. Give your car a nice bath and wax and you will fall in love all over again. :D

Amen. Speaking of wax, it's supposed to crack 60F here today and for several days. Breaking out the clay bar and wax at some point. It's been four months since the last waxing and the bead is gone. Can't wait.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
The grass is always greener on the other side. This statement holds especially true for car colors. When I bought my mk7, it was between pure white or tornado red for me. No other color was even an option. When I saw white and red side by side, I decided I wanted white because of how clean and classy it looked and how the red accents popped on white. Now I feel like every time I see a red GTI I'm like "Oh look how sporty and sexy it looks in red.." I feel like my white car blends in with all the other soccer-mom german SUV's lol. When I see CSG I'm dazzled by the deep metallic flake I don't get with my glossy white finish. When I see silver, I'm jelly of the rarity (sort of..).

word!

Interestingly enough, white didn't look that dirty when I washed and clayed it a few weeks ago. Looked like Honda's championship white. Then I cleaned it up really good... The nickname "snow white" was indeed well deserved :D

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
I would maybe get white. I had a black MK6 before and was tired of how much upkeep it required and also kinda wanted to stand out more. So I went on the completely other side of the spectrum and got red. No regrets about it though

Festivus1

Passed Driver's Ed
If I could change, I'd go white in a heartbeat. I like my carbon steel, but the white GTIs just look better and better to me as time goes by. They really pop and I like the way the trim contrasts. Kind of strange because I used to hate white cars. Also interesting to me is that now I like the pure glossy white paint better than the pearl versions, just a couple of years ago I much preferred pearl.

The change in taste is possibly due to the fact that in most of the new cars I look at, defects in pure white paint are less common, or at least less noticeable, than in the darker colors. The typical brand new car has so much orange peel etc that 30 years ago the average high school body shop class would have been ashamed to let it roll out of the paint booth, but now it has become standard. The manufacturers still seem to have "the recipe" for white paint though....

CarLover

Passed Driver's Ed
The best color on a GTI or R is limestone grey. Best of both worlds.

Doesn't show dirt much
Doesn't show scratches easily
Looks classy
Wouldn't be like any white or black car out there
Will be forever an Mk7 color..not even available on MK7.5

On an MK7 GTI...pure white is second best..the rest are on the same level more or less

All of course is IMHO

KlipZ

Ready to race!
too bad Limestone grey is only available on R's in the US :/

angelsfanswa

Passed Driver's Ed
This +9999999. I'm mostly happy with the CSG I have now.

I had a Silk Blue MK7 Golf before I traded in for the GTI. I really really liked that color, especially once it was tinted and had gunmetal wheels on it. I thought it looked so good.

I also like the Limestone Gray on the R so that would be nice option to have on the GTI.

I'm with this guy. I loved the silk blue on my wagon and considered getting a silk HB to mod, but realized the cost would get very close to factory GTI SE. I chose white in the end but would prefer any of the following mk7 colors if a GTI was made with one: Lapiz, Tungsten, silk blue or limestone. Not sure red accents would work with the blues, but silver/gray accents would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
I have a silk blue MK7 Golf and a Deep black GTI like them both.
My first GTI was silver and still think that reflex silver is one of the best colors offered by VW.

Raegar

Ready to race!
I have the White currently and I love it, there's so much you can change that brings attention to what it is you're changing away from the body (red striping, black emblems, etc...)

But the CSG is just too sexy and i would trade white for it =)

Nardo Grey if it was an option