GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Proud new GTI owner

howellinwolf

Nice combo OP - congrats! Not sure if you're aware of it but your car looks to be lowered. If you check, are those black springs underneath - can't really tell from that last pic?

The car came with these springs in an H&R box. I always assumed the dealer took the aftermarket springs off and put the stocks back on but maybe the stocks are in the box?

Attachments

• CBB1DC52-225E-4469-A220-061E6DFECC6F.jpg
    CBB1DC52-225E-4469-A220-061E6DFECC6F.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 500
  • 46FD0983-97B7-421A-9D6F-AE81ADA41FA3.JPG
    46FD0983-97B7-421A-9D6F-AE81ADA41FA3.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 486

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
The car came with these springs in an H&R box. I always assumed the dealer took the aftermarket springs off and put the stocks back on but maybe the stocks are in the box?
I'd say those in the box are stock. I was thinking you had ED springs installed as those come black (OEM spring look). Your car is most certainly dropped. Compare that stance with some of our 4x4s dood! [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

N10S

Ready to race!
The likelihood that the dealer would change out the springs is close to zero unless you made it a provision of the sale to begin with. I think it's pretty decent that they left the stockers with the car. Nice car and congrats!

yosoydan

Ready to race!
Nice! I remember back when I bought my 15, dealers around me couldn't get any with the PP + LP combo. Should have waited and gone with that. You made the right choice.

howellinwolf

I felt like the car had low ground clearance and that the wheel wells looked a little over the wheels but just kept thinking it was stock. Overall it hasn't been too hard to live with.

One thing that's been really weird getting used to is riding around in a sporty aggressive looking car provokes a lot more attention than my Honda ever did. I ended up racing a (I believe) boosted older civic from a light yesterday. Wasn't looking for it just kinda happened and now I'm like "How can I make this go faster..."