GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JLungo's 2015 GTI Build

Jlungo

Ready to race!
So with my engine mods kind of hitting the wall. Unless i go Stage 3 there isnt much more i can do. So its the little things now.....

Neuspeed Hi-Flow Discharge pipes
APR Short Shifter

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Also picking up OEM Roof Racks and the OEM snowboard/ski attachment today after work. Going up yo New Hampshire this weekend and might end up taking the GTI so time to be the roof rack guy...

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Woah. Never posted the roof rack pic...got it set up with the snowboard/ski attachment. Worked awesome all weekend.
Issue was i watched an install video on a 4 door....but i have a 2 door. So it really makes u work harder to install the rear racks

Jlungo

Ready to race!
For anyone that reads my shit posts......

A group of us on the facebook group are doing a group buy for custom made carbon fiber steering wheels. They can be customized with either alcantara, perforated leather, normal leather, stiching color, stripe on top of wheel, 6mt/dsg

We currenlty have 7 wheels and are looking to hit 10
560 per wheel, 80 shipping

If anyone is interested let me know and ill get you on the order or we can add you to the current group chat on facebook so you can see more pics and speak to the guys

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Woooo group buy happened! Carbon fiber steering wheels on order!

Jlungo

Ready to race!

Lol

CromGTI

Great build thread Jlungo, I appreciate you being consistent! You helped me in the past with a clutch question and because of you I never installed an upgraded clutch and have been on Eurodyne Stage 2 93 for 15k miles still on stock clutch! (Although like you said I think its not able to hold down as much power anymore during hard pulls). I literally just read your whole damn thread all 15 pages. Being that we all got our tax refunds I am so eager to hook my car up with some new goodies. On the fence about either going with some aesthetic mods (wheels, tires, spacers, lip kit, nice chromy cat back exhaust etc.) or increasing power and getting the is38 turbo with necessary upgrade mods, but I wouldn't be able to deal with half the shit that I've read on your thread. That and I am not car savvy at all, and the only shop that I'd feel comfortable bringing too for upgrades charges a shitload (i.e. 1,500 for clutch install, 450 for lowering spring install, just to name a few). anyways like someone else mentioned before I'm kind of living vicariously through this thread lmao

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Great build thread Jlungo, I appreciate you being consistent! You helped me in the past with a clutch question and because of you I never installed an upgraded clutch and have been on Eurodyne Stage 2 93 for 15k miles still on stock clutch! (Although like you said I think its not able to hold down as much power anymore during hard pulls). I literally just read your whole damn thread all 15 pages. Being that we all got our tax refunds I am so eager to hook my car up with some new goodies. On the fence about either going with some aesthetic mods (wheels, tires, spacers, lip kit, nice chromy cat back exhaust etc.) or increasing power and getting the is38 turbo with necessary upgrade mods, but I wouldn't be able to deal with half the shit that I've read on your thread. That and I am not car savvy at all, and the only shop that I'd feel comfortable bringing too for upgrades charges a shitload (i.e. 1,500 for clutch install, 450 for lowering spring install, just to name a few). anyways like someone else mentioned before I'm kind of living vicariously through this thread lmao

Hey man hearing those kind words made my day. You NEED to come out to the big spring start meet in Point Pleasant NJ this March 19th. This rly good shop, Island Sports Work, is hosting another MK7 day. Free food and booze haha. There are going to be so many of us there!

As for mods. You got some good ones. Go with what you are liking at the moment, maybe an intercooler cuz its getting hot out. Or lightweight wheels to be both aesthetic and performance oriented hahah

Appreciate the follow dude!! Post a picture of your ride!

Jlungo

Ready to race!

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Hey been awhile since i posted but not much new in the winter to do....but now with spring here everything going down THIS WEEK!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Those custom carbon fiber wheels are about to arrive and they look sweeeeeeeeet!

This second picture is my friends that has the dsg shifters, mine is the manual but otherwise we opted for the same custom look. Carbon fiber top and bottom. Perforated leatter sides. Red stripe on top of wheel

Not to mention my Billstein B16 coilovers, ECS control arms and CTS discharge piping is all at the shop and being installed saturday! Of course I will be taking her down to Island Sport Works in Point Pleasant NJ.

Last edited:

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Also in my shedding of winter i threw on the sumner wheels and tires that were in storage all winter.
OZ Leggera HLT wheels
Michelin PSS tires

Just gotta wash her next [emoji371]