GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Perry01

Ready to race!

crgirl3388

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess I'm more of a guy that likes to read up. I had purchased a JB1 with the plan to upgrade to the JB4. I read just about every post on the JB1 and probably more than twice. Before I had the JB4 I was reading about it. When I got it I went back and reread the posts. When I started messing with map 6 I read all of those. When I got into map 6 even more, I went back and reread everything again. Every bit of information is in the threads. More information than you can even imagine. Some doesn't apply to what you are planning to do. The map 6 thread is almost 70 pages. I went back and reread a bunch of it last week to help out a friend with his. What I realized if everyone did the same thing and read, it would probably only be around 50 pages. A lot of the same questions over and over again. I'm 45 years old and I had no issues with reading and figuring out. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I just figured most guys know that every forum out there, regardless of it's a car forum or not, has a certain etiquette. Use the search function and read the threads. The same redundant questions clog threads and just make that much more reading for the next guy who comes along.
I understand repeat questions can be frustrating...trust me, id love to be able to read through the hundreds of pages of numerous threads on the jb1/4....but with a 1 year old and a husband in the army who is hardly home...im grateful when I get a shower or nap...the search function on my Tapatalk is far from helpful 9 times out of 10...sometimes I just need a question answered quickly by someone who does have time to research and doesn't mind helping a fellow member out...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I understand repeat questions can be frustrating...trust me, id love to be able to read through the hundreds of pages of numerous threads on the jb1/4....but with a 1 year old and a husband in the army who is hardly home...im grateful when I get a shower or nap...the search function on my Tapatalk is far from helpful 9 times out of 10...sometimes I just need a question answered quickly by someone who does have time to research and doesn't mind helping a fellow member out...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The forum search function sucks [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Something to help out with. Just use google. Search whatever it is that you are looking for with mk7 gti at the end

crgirl3388

Passed Driver's Ed
Totally forgot about Google...wait, googling usually leads to threads with a ton of pages that I would think not many have time to go through...thank God for those who are kind enough to answer silly repeat questions...

Last edited:

jmal2005

Ready to race!
I mean I'm sort of on the fence about repeat questions. I spend way more time reading and searching these forums than I do posting but sometimes it is quite helpful to ask for clarification or elaboration on something you don't understand.

Having said that.... if the person has made little to no attempt whatsoever to figure it out on their own then by all means tell them to "please leave and never come back" (paraphrasing)

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Google will take you to the exact page. I was actually trying to be helpful about the Google tip. Yes the search on forums aren't the greatest. So instead of being a smart ass, go try it. I have twins. No excuses about kids. The obd port hook up has been made clear over and over again. But for those who feel they are special, continue to just ask instead of read. This is the reason why there are pinned posts, stickies and forum rules.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I answer repeat questions and I don't care. We're all here for the same reason. What kills me is people who will write two or three paragraphs about how you should have used the shitty search feature when they could have spent less time answering your question.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Totally forgot about Google...wait, googling usually leads to threads with a ton of pages that I would think not many have time to go through...thank God for those who are kind enough to answer silly repeat questions...

What he means is use Google to search. Example.

In Google simply type in

VMR wheels + MKVII Golf forum.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I answer repeat questions and I don't care. We're all here for the same reason. What kills me is people who will write two or three paragraphs about how you should have used the shitty search feature when they could have spent less time answering your question.

+1

Perry01

Ready to race!
Moderators, please clean up this mess. Nothing JB4 related lately.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Nothing wrong with asking legitimate helpful questions. This is a $400 piece that you are putting on a $25,000-$35,000 car. You are choosing to do this modification yourself. There are risks involved with modding. I would just think that before you hook something up and assume certain wires aren't needed, you really actually read up on it to know for sure. Not sure why other people jumped in on this and thought the don't ask repeat questions were directed at them when they had zero previous posts on this thread. Don't forget that George is always there to help as well

B95zP

Ready to race!
Hey George any issues with tucking the JB4 & Bluetooth inside of the battery cover? This was me testing before I put the cover back on.

Annoys me I didn't notice this pic was out of focus. Bluetooth module Tesa taped to the JB4 case.