GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to install foot rest ? (dead pedal)

mlewando

Ready to race!

mlewando

Ready to race!
I made it without disassembling wire tunnel. It required a lot of finger job but finally made It.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

justaw0rm

Thought I would add to this... sorry I'm resurrecting an old thread.

I attempted to change the dead pedal this morning on my 2016 Golf TSI and I can confirm I did not need to remove the side panel to pluck off the old pedal and replace it with the new.

Time:
It took me about 25 minutes to do all three pedals. You should be able to do it quicker with the instructions below.

Before attempting anything, remember:
- Remove your carpet — kind of obvious but I didn't think to do this and getting the pedal to fit was a little trickier until I removed the carpet

Quick summary of events:
  1. Starting from the top right of the dead pedal, I began to pull it up and left to release the plastic forks that lock the pedal in
  2. I then lifted the side panel up and outwards to get the bottom left side of the panel loose
  3. Once it's fully out you just simply need to study the back of the new pedal and place it back in.
  4. Start by getting the 2 bottom left plastic forks into the holes before placing the rest of the pedal in.
  5. Make sure the holes on the left of the panel fit into the two straight forks coming out of the bottom panel and it should plug right in

Not the greatest instructions but it should give you some direction. Watch the video posted above for the other pedals. It will help you with visualizing everythign too beforehand.

Thought I would add to this... sorry I'm resurrecting an old thread.

I attempted to change the dead pedal this morning on my 2016 Golf TSI and I can confirm I did not need to remove the side panel to pluck off the old pedal and replace it with the new.

Time:
It took me about 25 minutes to do all three pedals. You should be able to do it quicker with the instructions below.

Before attempting anything, remember:
- Remove your carpet — kind of obvious but I didn't think to do this and getting the pedal to fit was a little trickier until I removed the carpet

Quick summary of events:
  1. Starting from the top right of the dead pedal, I began to pull it up and left to release the plastic forks that lock the pedal in
  2. I then lifted the side panel up and outwards to get the bottom left side of the panel loose
  3. Once it's fully out you just simply need to study the back of the new pedal and place it back in.
  4. Start by getting the 2 bottom left plastic forks into the holes before placing the rest of the pedal in.
  5. Make sure the holes on the left of the panel fit into the two straight forks coming out of the bottom panel and it should plug right in

Not the greatest instructions but it should give you some direction. Watch the video posted above for the other pedals. It will help you with visualizing everythign too beforehand.

In step 2 how did you pull the side panel out without removing the handle for engine hood and the screw beneath that handle first?

MrTSI

Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
Bringing back this thread from the dead (again)

I just installed Original VW pedal caps and footrest on my 1.8TSI 5MT and here are my recommendations

1. Remove the gas pedal assembly to install the pedal cap on it. It will save you a lot of grief and a lot of time. It’s one T30 screw and one electrical connector. Takes all of 30 seconds to remove saves you from blindly trying to pry the cap on in a tight space.

2. Clutch and brake pedals are very easy. If the grommets stick and won’t go all the way in, just spray with a little water.

3. To install the footrest, I popped the sill trim and disengaged it from the side panel where the hood latch is. This allows the side panel trim to move a little more freely and gives more space to proceed as justaw0rm recommended.