GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Ordering Experiences with USP and ECS

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
ECS shipping is ridiculous

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I'm confused.. You were upset with USP because you had to wait for an e-mail when the package was starting the shipment process? That's how you know when it's shipping..with the e-mail. How else would you find out? Do you expect them to call you? I'm actually curious and not trying to be a dick. I bought from USP, and they don't JUST use UPS. Another thing...you can just go to a local UPS store/hub and pick up your part. I've done it dozens of times over the years.

Also, ECS delivered my flush kit and APR short shifter by FedEx home delivery, not SmartPost/USPS.

The fact you expect a customer service rep to know exactly how to take off a specific part on a certain vehicle is ridiculous. They aren't techs. They need to know WHAT they're selling, not how to install it. I'm sure if someone knew how to remove any part off of any car, their skills would be better used in another field than answering phone calls. That's what the manufacturer is for. I think you expected WAY too much for buying a part for your Golf honestly.

MDLBC

Ready to race!
You'll probably get your parts in a reasonable time however their packaging crew is a nightmare. Go search to see how many people have had parts beat to death due to a token piece of brown paper or bubble wrap in a large box. Would never purchase from ECS.

I actually sent ECS an email because some oil from the oil service kit I ordered leaked. I wasn't angry. I just sent a "heads up" up about watching their packaging, especially since the state of California freaks about hazardous materials. The disappointment was in that I never received a reply.

I'm sure I will order from them again but I will also try to give DAP some business too because I have been so appreciative of all his DIY videos.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I ordered a case (four 5L jugs) of Motul oil through Amazon Prime about to months ago. Apparently one of the jugs leaked, because I got a notification from Amazon that the package was returned to sender mid-route due to leakage. Another package was sent before the first was even received back. Now that is customer service, without me even getting involved.

It's unfortunate that ECS didn't even reply to the previous poster. Completely poor customer service right there.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm confused.. You were upset with USP because you had to wait for an e-mail when the package was starting the shipment process? That's how you know when it's shipping..with the e-mail. How else would you find out? Do you expect them to call you? I'm actually curious and not trying to be a dick. I bought from USP, and they don't JUST use UPS. Another thing...you can just go to a local UPS store/hub and pick up your part. I've done it dozens of times over the years.

Also, ECS delivered my flush kit and APR short shifter by FedEx home delivery, not SmartPost/USPS.

The fact you expect a customer service rep to know exactly how to take off a specific part on a certain vehicle is ridiculous. They aren't techs. They need to know WHAT they're selling, not how to install it. I'm sure if someone knew how to remove any part off of any car, their skills would be better used in another field than answering phone calls. That's what the manufacturer is for. I think you expected WAY too much for buying a part for your Golf honestly.

Comprehend much? Be my guest and deal with companies which cannot tell you when they will ship when you place your order. I will not. Be my guess and buy from companies which have no customer support. I will not.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
ECS cant pack for shit.

This was my first order with them so I really cannot complain about the packaging yet. The cover arrived in a sturdy double wall corrugated cardboard box. The cover seemed to be in its original bubblewrap sleeve. The extra space in the box was taken up by air bladders. Ordered last Monday and it arrived last Friday. The box was too big for my mailbox so my mailperson left it by my front door.

It was undamaged so I was happy, since I saw from your video how relatively fragile the cover is.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
ECS used to have a real bad reputation regarding their shipping options but they really did right by me last year. I ordered my golf R front end conversion from them on sale and the site quoted me like 80 bucks shipping to South Florida. Payment went through but I got an email saying there was an issue with my order. Apparently bumpers are too big for UPS or FedEx to accept and have to go freight which is a lot more expensive for residential delivery than what I was quoted, something like 3 times as much if I remember correctly. We talked and I mentioned that I had a business address they could ship to which cut it down to less than half the price of the residential freight. The sales manager offered to split the cost with me even though I was prepared to pay all of it. At the end of the day they're running a business and I understand that, they could just as easily cancelled my order and said oh well but they were willing to work with me.

Also, OP, sign up for a ups choice account. It's free and provides much better tracking info and the ability to sign for packages electronically when they require a signature. Be a better consumer before bashing a company online.

JDMGolfR

Ready to race!
Comprehend much? Be my guest and deal with companies which cannot tell you when they will ship when you place your order. I will not. Be my guess and buy from companies which have no customer support. I will not.

I have nothing to do with either company but am a parts supplier of Japanese items and ship over seas. We dont hold stock on items and order in from the companies here at wholesale rates.

We take the time to confirm stock on all items first with each manufacturer and are honest about shipping dates.

Customers like your self that get duped into thinking companies that claim "in stock" when they in fact arent cause they are too lazy/busy to check is what is causing me to have to fall into line with the same lack of service. *most other Japanese parts suppliers do this as its just too much work/time to check.

its cheaper, faster, easier to lie to customers saying the item is in stock (regardless of if it is or isnt) and get the quick sale. Get the money and only then get back with "sorry manufacturer actually didnt have stock"

Being honest costs more and loses sales.

So take this info how ever you want but was a little annoying from a suppliers point of view hearing you liking the standardised "in stock" claim from a supplier that doesnt actually check.

Your type of thinking (I guess just being gullible to the add to cart site claims) is killing what little service is left in this industry.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion

I comprehend just fine, it's your incoherent ranting about logistics that confuses me.

I will continue to buy from them, ECS and other vendors. I just received a $2000.00+ order in 5 days, which is what I was told would happen. i.e. customer service. I was also told what day everything would ship, just by asking them and right when I placed my order. Crazy I know. Here's the thing that's really gonna put your knickers in a twist. Things shipped from multiple locations and not ONCE was I unsure of where my parts were, because of that customer service thing you claim they don't have. Maybe it's just that you come off as an arrogant d-bag and no one wants to go the extra mile to help you.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
ECS used to have a real bad reputation regarding their shipping options but they really did right by me last year. I ordered my golf R front end conversion from them on sale and the site quoted me like 80 bucks shipping to South Florida. Payment went through but I got an email saying there was an issue with my order. Apparently bumpers are too big for UPS or FedEx to accept and have to go freight which is a lot more expensive for residential delivery than what I was quoted, something like 3 times as much if I remember correctly. We talked and I mentioned that I had a business address they could ship to which cut it down to less than half the price of the residential freight. The sales manager offered to split the cost with me even though I was prepared to pay all of it. At the end of the day they're running a business and I understand that, they could just as easily cancelled my order and said oh well but they were willing to work with me.

Also, OP, sign up for a ups choice account. It's free and provides much better tracking info and the ability to sign for packages electronically when they require a signature. Be a better consumer before bashing a company online.

Why would you be so ignorant to assume I do not have a Mychoice account (I do)? Did you even read my post? Mychoice has nothing to do with USP's inability to tell me what day they will ship. I'll also ask you if you have trouble comprehending. Why don't you ask me if I have a Fedex shipping account? I have one of those too.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I comprehend just fine, it's your incoherent ranting about logistics that confuses me.

I will continue to buy from them, ECS and other vendors. I just received a $2000.00+ order in 5 days, which is what I was told would happen. i.e. customer service. I was also told what day everything would ship, just by asking them and right when I placed my order. Crazy I know. Here's the thing that's really gonna put your knickers in a twist. Things shipped from multiple locations and not ONCE was I unsure of where my parts were, because of that customer service thing you claim they don't have. Maybe it's just that you come off as an arrogant d-bag and no one wants to go the extra mile to help you.

By your comments you show no doubt you are.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
No not at all. I'm just sick of your whining, elitist attitude and figured I'd call you out on it. Seems like I was 100% right

PS: A member offers you solid advice, but you not only insult him, you look like a fool who doesn't know how to utilize his MyChoice account to electronically sign for the carrier to leave the package at its intended destination. Do YOU comprehend? USP and ECS will ship to any address you want, ask me how I know.

Last edited: