GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY GTI (1.8t Tsi)

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Installed the jb1 today. No data cable so I'm running the default map. Feels a bit quicker, but I was honestly expecting it to be more noticible.

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
Great build so far. I love my GTI and got a great deal on it I couldn't pass up, but I kind of wish I'd done a "DIY R" build with a Golf TSi. For me it would have been mostly cosmetic with just a couple engine mods to make it a little faster. I'm 36 now so my speed racer days are behind me [emoji57].

Anyway, I'll be keeping my eye on this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Great build so far. I love my GTI and got a great deal on it I couldn't pass up, but I kind of wish I'd done a "DIY R" build with a Golf TSi. For me it would have been mostly cosmetic with just a couple engine mods to make it a little faster. I'm 36 now so my speed racer days are behind me [emoji57].

Have a peek at my thread as well :)

murtaza911

Ready to race!

Thanks!
I think VW has really outdone them self with the base model car. You get a lot for the money, and it's a great platform to improve on.
I was thinking of doing some "Rline" style mods as well. I'll start with headlights :).

Plans for 2017:
- Eds R rep headlights
- Sk VeeDubR short shifter
- Install my R Intercooler
- Paint the wheels
- Wrap the roof black
- Return the emblems back to chrome (bored of the black)
- GTI Rear sway bar
- JB4 upgrade
- Maaaybe IS20 swap if I'm feeling brave.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Yeah, it is noticeably quicker after a bit of driving. But it's still a bit too tame, but I think that just goes with the overall car.

My last turbo car was a mid 90's DSM, and it was much more raw with the power delivery. No electronic boost control like this to make it a smooth transition with the RPMs.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
If you do the IS20, then you'll need a full Ecu tune from Uni. Idk if apr is doing an is20 tune. As such, you wouldn't need the Jb4.

I'd also buy your JB1 when you sell it to pay for the aforementioned insanity. :D

murtaza911

Ready to race!
If you do the IS20, then you'll need a full Ecu tune from Uni. Idk if apr is doing an is20 tune. As such, you wouldn't need the Jb4.

I'd also buy your JB1 when you sell it to pay for the aforementioned insanity. :D

George already mentioned that JB4 will support IS20 swaps :)

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

I'll sell you my JB1!

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Small update.
Wrapped some of my interior trim in Carbon Fibre vinyl, and installed a BFI shift knob.

The wrap turned out ok. There are a few parts where my knife was too dull and I ruined. But overall it's not too bad. :).

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Installed and coded. I also increased th3 brightness to 127 from 100(default)

Here's the coding in case anyone is ever looking for it:

For the License plate bulbs, you need to change the following adaptation in Central Electrics (security code 31347):

(1) Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lasttyp 25
- Default: 18 - 2x5W
- New: 41 LED Kleinleistung

For led brightness:

(6) Leuchte25KZL HA59-Dimmwert AB 25
- Default: 100
-New: As desired (127 max.)