GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What does "psi" mean on my stock gage?

kungfudill

Ready to race!
You need to take 14.7 off from 36.5 and that's how much boost at wot is so that right around stock boost
When running around town you won't produce much boost

I was looking at my boost gauge as well. If we are supposed to subtract atmospheric pressure, then shouldn't my psi never be lower than 14.7? My psi goes from 0-33 (stock). Subtracting the atmospheric pressure makes sense at the upper number, but when I'm not moving it doesn't make sense that my psi would be -14.7 (0-atmosphere). Thoughts?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I was looking at my boost gauge as well. If we are supposed to subtract atmospheric pressure, then shouldn't my psi never be lower than 14.7? My psi goes from 0-33 (stock). Subtracting the atmospheric pressure makes sense at the upper number, but when I'm not moving it doesn't make sense that my psi would be -14.7 (0-atmosphere). Thoughts?

Because you're in vacuum. At wot, subtract 14.7ish for real boost max on that stupid oem gauge, or better yet get a real boost gauge and tap it, then you'll see how often you're in vacuum during normal, putt putt, driving.

kungfudill

Ready to race!
Because you're in vacuum. At wot, subtract 14.7ish for real boost max on that stupid oem gauge, or better yet get a real boost gauge and tap it, then you'll see how often you're in vacuum during normal, putt putt, driving.

AH! of course...should have thought of that!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT