GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tommy's White Edition 40

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Same, can't wait to hear it and get your take on the real-life sound. Every akra exhaust I've heard in person sounds amazing, absolutely savage but super clean.

You mind me asking how much you paid for the whole system including tips?

tommy2

Passed Driver's Ed
So.. the Akrap is on. And I love it. It's not that loud but it's deep and I like deep sounds :cool:

But there are two things that made me sad.

First one is that Clubsport has thinner pipe diameter from cat to rear silencer than the regular GTI. What the actual fuck VW?

And second one is that VW changed the way they detect remaps so REVO or APR are voiding warranties like a lot. So I'm thinking of getting a powerbox from Burger Motorsport, but I don't know if they have one for Clubsports. I would love to hear your ideas about the Burger as I don't know it and it's quite not familiar in Europe.

Attachments

• IMG_4721.JPG-2 copy.jpg
    IMG_4721.JPG-2 copy.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 1,039
  • IMG_9619.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_9619.JPG.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 1,094
Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
So.. the Akrap is on. And I love it. It's not that loud but it's deep and I like deep sounds :cool:

First one is that Clubsport has thinner pipe diameter from cat to rear silencer than the regular GTI. What the actual fuck VW?

And second one is that VW changed the way they detect remaps so REVO or APR is voiding warranties like a lot. So I'm thinking of getting a powerbox from Burger Motorsport, but I don't know if they have one for Clubsports. I would love to hear your ideas about the Burger as I don't know it and it's quite not familiar in Europe.

Thinner wall pipes for weight savings maybe?
USA has love a fair with Burger, so many will let you know about it as a good option.

:confused:
Why didn't you follow our CS parts and CSS muffler threads? I did talk about
varying exhaust diameters several times. Running a costly Akra muffler along
with the stock CS 'reducer section' doesn't make sense. I'd get a stock GTI
or CSS silencer to run along with your Akra muffler. Alternatively, purchasing
the overpriced Akra DP/silencer if you don't mind.

Clubsport S Muffler Thread

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

tommy2

Passed Driver's Ed
It was said by a French akrap dealer that the Akrap fits the Clubsport without any issue. So that's why I didn't look up more about it. At least I'm smarter for the next time :)

I'll check that topic, thank you for brining that up. I'm also surprised that the CSS has different silencer than the regular CS. So what's the diameter of the CSS silencer please? And is it this part number? 5Q0 253 209 HF - MSD

Thanks!

Last edited:
CSS diameters are exactly the same as standard GTI and PP and that's what the Akra
mufflers are designed for. For this reason those three options I mentioned above will
similarly appropriately work for you. I didn't try any of them, but I highly presume that
the Akra resonator will be loudest while the standard GTI/PP resonator will be slightly
quiter than the CSS one. They both share the same style enclosure and piping dia with
just minor differences on the inner tubing perforation. The Akrapovic resonator, due to
its smaller size/volume, will dampen lower frequencies to a lesser degree, providing a
deeper tone. If you perhaps like that and don't mind its higher price, go for it. Cheapest
option certainly is looking for a used stock GTI part. There's lots of them on the forums
and on Ebay. Feel free to contribute to both of the topics, dude. :)

Yes, 5Q0 253 209 HF (resonator = Vorschalldämpfer Clubsport S) is correct. ;)

tommy2

Passed Driver's Ed
Sooo here comes the Akrapovic resonator on my car. It really did a big difference in the sound. It's louder and deeper - in real life it's so damn good.

Some photos of the installation are attached.

If you want to hear the sound (but the iphone microphone can't catch that deep sound very well): https://youtu.be/AusM3iMyCe0

Attachments

• IMG_5073.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_5073.JPG.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 1,036
  • IMG_0003.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_0003.JPG.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 968

tommy2

Passed Driver's Ed
Met up with 2 R in wagon :)

Also borrowed Burger JB1 from them so I can test it on mine before buying :)

Attachments

• IMG_0019-2.jpg
    IMG_0019-2.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 949