GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD rear exhaust section (same side exit)

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Hi guys,

I know the usual wisdom when doing exhaust upgrades to the GTD (especially with the S&S package which I have), is to get the GTI style rear diffuser and twin outlets (one either side) from the likes of Milltek or Cobra sport etc.

If I wanted to keep the "GTD" style of twin outlets on the same side of the car as they currently are, anyone know what possibilities exist for a larger tailpipe twin rear axle back system (again for the sport and sound package so no rear silencer), that will fill the cut out hole in the rear valance better (my after market rear valance has a cut out slightly larger than standard so will accommodate larger pipes.)

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Thanks for that - appreciate the input, but I contacted Milltek this morning and they said they don't sell an rear axle back system only a full cat back system, which is a waste for me and quite expensive.

theblueflash

Just go to a custom builder. They'll fit you a back box and your choice of tips. Probably be a lot cheaper than a major brand name.

s7wag

Ready to race!
@Sootchucker...have you not got this done yet :)....you'll have to go custom fit like mine...AMD Essex...they can fit the centre connector to allow you to mount the Milltek rear section..