GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon/Leather and Alcantara obsession...

Cale262

Ready to race!
Seats are here, Boot and Knob are coming, Steering wheel as soon as my wife takes her sights off of me...just need like two seconds!:p

Sparco SPX, Only one pair a week are manufactured in Italy...First set in Canada and at over $10K Canuckistanian (~$8K USD all in).

I swore I heard angel harps when the Bubble wrap came off of them!

That sexxy Carbon...

Thats US lbs. another 7-10 for the base and sliders... about half of the factory seats, I don't know exactly what the factory seats weigh as my scale just read "GTFO"...

And a couple hours later...Now I have some coding to do...after I finish staring at them as only a fifty years old man watching cheerleaders can...

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Wow these are amazing!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Cale262

Ready to race!
Those are sick. You paid 8 Gand for them?

Yes, about that. We have some crazy import fee's for things not made in NorthAmerica... but not as crazy as I hear DT's going to hit foreign manufacturers with in order to sell in the USA, especially foreign car manufacturers. A car made in Germany could cost as much as $10k more next year in order to boost US car sales domestically, makes sense to me but I guess we will find out soon...Is VAG going to move some manufacturing to the USA to avoid the hit, in a round about way a win, win for cities like Detroit etc. Anyway, so off topic, I better order that Clubsport steering wheels while I still can ��

Crap, no steering wheels available for sale, FML.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
hoOOOahhh yeahh!! those are awesome! nice nice nice, props to those... hard to sleep at night with or without em im sure haha

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Wowza, those are gorgeous. My wife would shit a brick and then hit me with it, if she ever found out I spent damn near 8k in seats alone though.

Cale262

Ready to race!
My wife ran out of "shit bricks" long ago...and I still dont want here to know how much these "$2000" seats " where ;)

Cale262

Ready to race!
More Alcantara additions, I installed the knob and shifter boot a couple weeks ago and just got the matching brake lever boot today...

Just need to remove this old OEM boot

Press on the side here to release the clip and the same on the opposite side

Pull the old boot up and out

It will slide out of the top slot nice and easy, good time to clean that coffee that got spilled :rolleyes:

Now I just need to remove the boot from the plastic bracket

Just need to heat up the glue holding it on with the heat gun, just until it's almost too hot to hold

Then using something with an edge to get under and slowly pull off the oem boot without damaging it

Lemon Squeezy

Then use something to clean off any loose glue and make the surface tacky, I used gtechnique Panel Wipe (surface cleaner/wax remover)

Put the supplied double sided tape on the bracket

Place the new boot on the bracket making sure to have it on the correct way with the rounded side up inside the boot

Slide it back over the lever pushing the top into the slot, push the rear in first, squeeze the sides and hold them while massaging the front edge in, push the slides into place making sure the clips seat and she's done.

Everything as it should be, just need that steering wheel done now...

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
You're like a freight train - you just keep going! Nice work!

Haha glad you said something about that spilled coffee, because I was about to :p

Cale262

Ready to race!
You're like a freight train - you just keep going! Nice work!

Haha glad you said something about that spilled coffee, because I was about to :p

:D I knew somebody would say something, my first reaction was one of fear and discussed when I saw it...I was worried that there would be more under the console (thankfully there wasn't) and I was going to have to disassemble and clean the whole thing...the dirty foot prints on the floor liners give me anxiety and I often can wait to get home to clean them.