GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nav Pro and Discover map updates

worthia

Interesting.... I wonder if the hidden files were left lurking on the card after moving it to the PC. Either that or it's a more complex issue than I thought!

daltom

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been messaging with both psquared and worthia on this subject but have not yet tried worthia's solution.

This is because I have got VW UK to accept there is an issue and I have a formal case with them. They first said it was HERE's problem, but when I went to HERE they said it was VW's problem and because of this they accepted that it was for them to sort. So we will see what VW actually say after the investigation and what they really do. I live in hope!

David

waiteck

Hi all, I have a golf mk7 2014. discover pro, ROW maps installed.
I tried downloading the maps from:
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...ationFrame_campaign_light&Page=VW_SA_Pro_MIB1

On Windows, downloaded it, formatted the sd card to fat32, extracted the contents to the sd card. but still getting the error whereby it states "No data available. Please enter a source contains data for the software update, or check the source". Well it did detected my sd card.

not sure if anyone of you encountered this.

manndegolf

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...ationFrame_campaign_light&Page=VW_SA_Pro_MIB1

On Windows, downloaded it, formatted the sd card to fat32, extracted the contents to the sd card. but still getting the error whereby it states "No data available. Please enter a source contains data for the software update, or check the source". Well it did detected my sd card.

Yes, I am having this same problem as you. It's not a Mac or Windows-specific issue as I tried both platforms. My card was formatted in FAT32.

I will be contacting VW again once their SD card arrives.

waiteck

Yes, I am having this same problem as you. It's not a Mac or Windows-specific issue as I tried both platforms. My card was formatted in FAT32.

I will be contacting VW again once their SD card arrives.

ah. i think there is nothing much we can do now. i was hoping that i did something wrong. :(

G7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Link to that SD Formatter?

I've been trying to update mine as well (2014 ROW) but keep getting that same message that it can't find the source data.

Tried it in both Win and OSX machines, FAT32 formatted and extracted with 7zip, WinRar, the Unarchiver, etc.

What brand of SD cards are you guys using that does work? That does make a difference? Mine are Sandisk SDHC cards, 32GB and 64GB.

daltom

Passed Driver's Ed
G7R. If you have the basic Discovery Nav (not the Pro) then you must use the VW SD card originally provided with your car. On other threads on this forum people have covered this with a tech reason why a normal SD card cannot be used.

G7R

Passed Driver's Ed
G7R. If you have the basic Discovery Nav (not the Pro) then you must use the VW SD card originally provided with your car. On other threads on this forum people have covered this with a tech reason why a normal SD card cannot be used.

I have the Discover Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gianry

Ready to race!

I've the same issue; I've got a Discover Pro mib1 on Golf mk7
Now the maps release is ECE2016 and I'd likle to update to the latest ECE2015/2016
I 've tried two different SD card; formatted them in exFat, NTFS and FAT32
Downloaded the files on Mac and Pc computers
Extracted by single files and multiple files
Nothing to do !!! Always the same message : "No data available. Please enter a source contains data for the software update, or check the source"

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
Same problem here in discover nav pro MIB 2, "no data found.. Etc" and this is my first update, I have a 2017 R...

mkyp

North American Updates?

I downloaded the DiscoverCare sw and it could read the SD card, but did not recognize it as a VW card.

So I tried the alternate path of downloading the map without an SD card, there was no option for a North American Map.

Do I have to go thru a dealer to get an update?

thanx in advance, mark

p.s. I called the dealer and they stated the I have to order this from VW, cost is about $300 US. Is this correct info for North American owners?

Last edited: