GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! Repair wire identification

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
So these 2x connectors broke off of an aftermarket harness that connnects the stereo to a Match/Helix amplifier in my Canadian 2015 GTI. I contacted the company, Audiotec-Fischer and they said they have no idea what the proper replacements are and I should contact my local VW dealer. My local VW does not carry any repair wires nor could identity them either...

I've searched Google for a while and I'm only finding some that look similar, but no 100% matches. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_8074.JPG
    IMG_8074.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_8075.JPG
    IMG_8075.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_8076.JPG
    IMG_8076.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_8077.JPG
    IMG_8077.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 556

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
This is a decent reference as it provides a number of links to references for Amp connector pins and sockets ranging from .5mm to 6mm wire. In Amp connector catalog look in the power section. Those look very similar to what I have seen for mini (double jaw) and micro (single jaw) fuse sockets. With the likely part number from the below link, using the search tool of the second link will provide pdf of dimensional data. If you don't have the Molex crimp tool, you can obtain a decent mechanical connection with needle nose pliers and then follow up with solder.

https://javalins.wordpress.com/vw-golf-mk3/vw-electrical-connectors/

https://www.onlinecomponents.com/te-connectivity-amp-brand-9642743.html?p=10531728

Last edited:

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the reply gents. Some good info in those links!

I should of updated this thread a couple of days ago. I was somewhat mislead by the manufacturer of the harness. Not all of the terminals used are actually common VW ones.

I exchanged numerous messages with eBay sellermshugaev-2008 from Latvia, who helped solve my problem. Pic's #1 and #2 are actually from a common car audio connector that can be found on eBay for a couple of bucks. Female ISO 8-Pin. The black connector in the pic below, is the same one that I have.

The terminals in pics #3 and #4 are from a different connector on the harness. I believe they are VW repair #000979103E.

Parts are ordered and in the mail! I will update this thread if I'm wrong!

Attachments

• iso8.jpg
    iso8.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 000979103E.jpg
    000979103E.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 357