GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

10,000 first service free?

IDriveaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I have it in my head that the 10,000 first oil change service is free. I'm about due for it but I can't find where I got this idea from.

Am I crazy? Or is the first service free?

Us customer 2016 gti

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Yep only 2015's. I had my 2016 in for the recall, and dealer advised i do the 10k service. I said sure go ahead since its free, service writer told me its not free its $88. I politely told him no.

surfstar

Ready to race!
Does the free service apply if I purchased the vehicle used? I bought my 2015 GTI in September and I'm due for my 10k mile service.

Finally a good Q about the 2015 "free" service.

I'd wager yes. It should be applicable by VIN and they can tell if its been performed or not.

Also, just bluff. Tell them that you were promised a free service at 10k miles.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
2016 here. Took it in for service at 10k. When I went to pick it up, I was told no charge on first service. Was never told this by salesperson or when making appt.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
March 2016

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Does the free service apply if I purchased the vehicle used? I bought my 2015 GTI in September and I'm due for my 10k mile service.

I bought my 2015 used and had to have the 10k mile service done after about two months of ownership. Know that there is some sort of time table that also applies. They told me that the credit for the free one wasn't used by the previous owner, but I was outside the time table by a couple of months. Service manager took care of it anyway, which in turn, means I'll definitely be going back to that dealership. Smart move.

Ato

I thought the same thing, made the appointment and had the service. When I went to pickup the car a few hours later they hit me with a $150 bill for I'm not sure what.

surfstar

Ready to race!
I thought the same thing, made the appointment and had the service. When I went to pickup the car a few hours later they hit me with a $150 bill for I'm not sure what.

...and? You paid it?

Oil change at most is $100 (way overpriced)
did you at least make some noise and get a discount?