GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to install Hylux HID Kit into Replica Headlights

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
We are now carrying Hylux HID kits as a lower cost alternative to the Morimoto kits. Here is a quick DIY on how to install them.

The Hylux Kit includes:

2 - HID Ballasts with canbus cancellers and igniters built in
2 - D2H 5500K HID Bulbs

Install the HID bulb into the projector, notice the angle and position of the bulb, it must be at this angle, or you will get a weird beam pattern, it will not be sharp at all.

Plug the red wire to the blue wire, and black to black. You may need a pair of pliers to ensure you have a good fit.

Run the wiring through the rear cover, remove the small piece of plastic trim, and you may need to trim about 1/16" of plastic off the connector to run it through the hole. After, reattach the plastic trim.

Connect the components, they only fit one way.

Ground the ballasts with the blue wire to the body of the car.

Test and ensure it is working. If you find one side is not working, ensuring everything is plugged in. Try swapping the ballast from one side to another, and ensure you have a good ground.

Notes:

Do not touch the bulb with your fingers, its a good idea to wipe it down with an alcohol pad.

The ballasts can be mounted to the side or underneath the headlight housing. This is the same area that the OEM ballasts are mounted.

Tone1

Ready to race!
Hate to resurrect this thread, but where is a good place to ground the ballast?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Tone, flipping through this reviewing some stuff and saw you hadn't had your question answered. Personally i used the bolt that mounts the factory horns in place as the ground point on both sides.

sandiegomk7

New Harness colors

Thank you for the guide. I was trying to find how to do that. Luckily, you shared this post. Thank you a lot.

I recently got Hylux kit for Golf R replicas. The harness supplied by Ed has Blue and White color wires instead of Black and Red shown here. This is what worked for me -

White wire to Black
Blue to Blue.

@edward@becautoparts.com Please correct if wrong.

neimis

I recently got Hylux kit for Golf R replicas. The harness supplied by Ed has Blue and White color wires instead of Black and Red shown here. This is what worked for me -

White wire to Black
Blue to Blue.

@edward@becautoparts.com Please correct if wrong.

Confirmed (by Ed on private e-mail), this worked for me as well

bmillsy10

I have a different ballast that looks very similar but does not have a ground wire. Should I be worried? Morimoto doesn't have a ground from what I can see. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk