GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking to trade '16 GTI SE 6MT PP for '17 GTI Autobahn DSG

Norsk982

Ready to race!
I currently drive a '16 GTI SE 6MT PP/LP, and am looking to trade it for '17 GTI DSG SE or Autobahn.

Any thoughts about that?

I've come to a decision where I realized that manual is PITA in the city with the traffic, stop n go, when needing to shift to make a pass on the highway. So I've been driving manual since I was 15 years old, I can say 20 years!

I am being cautious with the financial wise, yes i know the resale value on the GTI really sucks! I got offer from a dealership in Virgina for a Autobahn GTI DSG for $27,900, I like the features that the Autobahn have mostly are standard.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
27,900 trade in credit for your '16 or is that a sale offer for a '17 autobahn? If thats a sale offer thats a KILLER deal

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
You rag on the resale value of the GTI but yet you are getting $6k off sticker on a new one. :confused:

I wouldn't do it.

The cost gap is going to be at least $5-6k if you retail yours... probably more like $8k if you trade.

So you will lose that money plus your new car will depreciate the same in a year.

Plus with DSG the thing always wants to find 6th gear... even when cruising at 30-35mph. When I test drive a DSG car I could hear drone.

To tell you the truth I hardly notice I have a manual in traffic. However I am pretty good about leaving tons of distance and coasting. The clutch pedal is super light and honestly most times I drive I don't even think about it.

Just so you don't think I live in a rural area I live in Austin, which has a bad reputation for traffic.

Last edited: