GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WOLF Mk7 GTI vs Nitrous 5.0 and 2016 5.0's

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I caused a major uproar in the local 5.0 community.
From being accused of running a 5858 to having a TTRS 2.5 motor lmao.
The last pull with the 2 5.0's was BRUTAL because I hooked 2nd all the way from 40 to 65 deep redline before hitting the 3rd gear hahahaha. Cant wait for LSD and ALWAYS hook 2nd.
Not sure about the rest of the pulls but the last pull with the 5.0's was 40- ~145ish.

Last edited:

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Nice kill! TTRS haha

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Oh damn...

Wavetrac getting put in? Or are you going with Quaife? Peloquin?

Any motor mount upgrades installed?

Wavetrac

@global - we will hit the dyno for one final IS20 output record
Im guessing we are around 360WHP (~400 crank) and 450WTQ. (~500 crank)
IS38 will be fuuuuuuunnn with the relocated powerband and JB4 meth tune!
Looking for low-mid 400's (~500 crank) WHP and same torque on IS38 and a more useful 5th gear lol.

craigsix

Ready to race!
nice kills. i traded a 15 gt auto mustang fbo gt350 im fbo lund ff tune for my gti. thought it was a mistake for quite a while but my gti is starting to grow on me. i got stage2 apr with apr dp custom cai spulen hoses and turbo muffler delete reso and muffler delete fluidamper pulley dv+ and esc and starting vibration deactivate. next up is golf r intercooler and is38 turbo with apr tune but im gonna see what stock turbo does at heartland park first. my 5.0 was hi 11s low 12s at 116mph.

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
nice kills. i traded a 15 gt auto mustang fbo gt350 im fbo lund ff tune for my gti. thought it was a mistake for quite a while but my gti is starting to grow on me. i got stage2 apr with apr dp custom cai spulen hoses and turbo muffler delete reso and muffler delete fluidamper pulley dv+ and esc and starting vibration deactivate. next up is golf r intercooler and is38 turbo with apr tune but im gonna see what stock turbo does at heartland park first. my 5.0 was hi 11s low 12s at 116mph.

not bad!
The car is for sure 120mph capable on the is20 but the issue is that all the amazing torque gets lost in the first 330ft because of wheelspin on the car.
We ran a 117.5mph trap but we left off about 60-ish feet early on that pass and we were on pure 93 file.

All the pulls shown are on a ethanol file.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
True full bolt ons.

Please define "true" for me. All I could think of was TBE, IC, intake and various charge pipes.

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Please define "true" for me. All I could think of was TBE, IC, intake and various charge pipes.

you are leaving out sooo many that all together make SUCH A BIG difference.
Fluidmpr crank pulley, DV+, RS7 plugs, dogbone mounts, motor mounts, transmission mounts, large diameter turbo inlet, large diameter turbo outlet, DSG tunes, clutch and flywheel, clutchpacks, LSD, lightweight wheels and rotors and so many other smaller things.

It all ads up.
Why do people believe that wheel horse power mods end with just downpipe, intercooler/tubing and an intake?

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
you are leaving out sooo many that all together make SUCH A BIG difference.
Fluidmpr crank pulley, DV+, RS7 plugs, dogbone mounts, motor mounts, transmission mounts, large diameter turbo inlet, large diameter turbo outlet, DSG tunes, clutch and flywheel, clutchpacks, LSD, lightweight wheels and rotors and so many other smaller things.

It all ads up.
Why do people believe that wheel horse power mods end with just downpipe, intercooler/tubing and an intake?

Out of all the things you've done that most people don't, what do you feel has made the biggest difference? Also seeing as you're over 30 PSI on the stock turbo, I'm assuming you're running WMI?

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Out of all the things you've done that most people don't, what do you feel has made the biggest difference? Also seeing as you're over 30 PSI on the stock turbo, I'm assuming you're running WMI?

not even on WMI yet
By far the biggest jump?
Hmmm - I would say the DV+ and hood exit.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
DV+ huh? After so many people have issues with them too. Do you do anything different compared to others you think which is why you don't have issues? What made it such a big difference?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I'd say losing the hood on the car increased its capabilities 100 fold.