GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Plus: More Power, with a Limited Powertrain Warranty

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

APR is pleased to present the APR Plus Volkswagen dealership program. APR Plus is performance engine software for new Volkswagen vehicles. It is available directly from Volkswagen dealerships, can be financed within the purchase of the vehicle, and includes a 5-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain warranty with roadside assistance.

APR Plus will launch on January 16th, 2017 at our pilot dealership, Linden Volkswagen, in Linden, New Jersey. To learn how you can purchase an APR Plus equipped Volkswagen, contact Linden Volkswagen or contact your nearest Volkswagen dealership to ask when they will offer APR Plus. To learn more about APR Plus, please visit www.goaprplus.com.

They finally did it. The crazy sons of bitches finally did it!

Hi Arin :) Long time bro, hope all is well.

Edit: If my calculations are correct, the out of pocket cost for the tune is $1700? Is that accurate?

Last edited:
Hey man, good to see you back in the scene!

The pricing is ultimately up to the dealership at the time of financing. We have a general guide on the site on what to expect.

Thanks boss. I'll be back in about 6 months when my current lease is up. Picking up a 2017 Golf Wolfsburg as a daily/bad weather driver.

Thanks for the info. Guessing it's so expensive to cover warranty claims should anything go wrong. Peace of mind costs money for sure. If they can get this down to a grand, I'd be interested, but at almost 2 it's pretty steep. Guess we'll have to see what the dealers do.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Nice in theory, but the numbers look more like Stage 0.75
Plus.....vs......stage 1
225hp............250
260lbft...........300

At these numbers, just go with jb1 & save $1400 if that $1700 price tag is correct. $1400 will go a long way toward any repairs.

Love APR and have it on my Golf, but have to call out a bad value proposition.

xGreg

Passed Driver's Ed
I go to linden VW for service. Friendly staff, decent service. Will we be able to obtain this software if we already bought a vw? Or is this for new purchases only?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
New only.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Nice in theory, but the numbers look more like Stage 0.75
Plus.....vs......stage 1
225hp............250
260lbft...........300

At these numbers, just go with jb1 & save $1400 if that $1700 price tag is correct. $1400 will go a long way toward any repairs.

Love APR and have it on my Golf, but have to call out a bad value proposition.

The JB4 should be even more than that. Nearly 210 was made at the wheels and 233 torque on the JB1. I bet the JB4 is making close to those numbers at the wheels. I got excited for a moment because I will most likely trade my GSW in for a 4motion once the facelift and new interior come out. It just seems like they really compromised the tune to get warranty coverage. Let's hope that it's just a stepping stone to full stage 1 down the road. Especially for $1,700. Yikes!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I go to linden VW for service. Friendly staff, decent service. Will we be able to obtain this software if we already bought a vw? Or is this for new purchases only?

Hey Greg, that's good to hear!

We're starting off this program on new vehicle purchases only. I can't say for sure where it will go from there, but that's where we are today.

Thanks!

-Arin

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
It may be expensive, but whatever the case it's very impressive that APR was able to even introduce something like this under a warranty. Perhaps it could be a step in the right direction and the price will decrease in the future. And it would be even cooler if eventually a warranty for a tune becomes standard in the VW/Audi scene.

Shifty2

Arin can you explain exactly how the warranty company is affiliated with this program? If I'm reading the details on your site correctly I could just buy a powertrain warranty from my credit union for $600, choose any tune and have the same coverage with more power for less money.