GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fiesta ST vs. MK7 GTI. My test drive review and opinion request!

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking about my next in a few years being an R myself.

Yeah a lot of my complaints with the GTI (Long gears, no track pad options with non-PP) etc. are fixed with an R. It's just such a nice place to be.

It's probably more about the drive than the features, right? Less numb feeling, I'd bet.
I understand exactly. I've been tempted by the FiST for the same reasons--small, absurdly fun, flingable little ball of entertainment, despite the crappy Ford parts bin interior. Don't get me wrong, I love my R, but it's so damn composed. If I had the resources and space I'd love to have a FiST as my summertime hooligan car. Of course, then I'd trade my R for a C43 probably.

Yeah so the car itself is crap haha. Poor NVH, worst infotainment system I've ever used, extremely cheap interior materials etc. but it's seriously one of the best drivers cars I've ever driven. It is a riot. Honestly it's more fun than my Miata right now.

The things like the clutch and shifter are better than any shifter/clutch combination I've ever had on my MK7 (trust me, I've had a shit-ton). The short gearing and better throttle response makes the car honestly feel just as quick as the GTI (even though in my head I know it's not). But the handling, oh the handling. The car rotates and turns-in like almost no other street car I've ever driven (S2000, Miata have the edge). The brake pedal has great feel too and it stops in exactly the same distance as the PP GTI.

But I think in the end it gives me the "fizz" more because it's flawed and has more emotion. It wants to have fun, and all the sensory responses that I get reinforce this. It sounds better, it feels better (driving), and there's just something about driving a slow-car fast that's more fun. It's not for everyone, but as a single young guy I can make it work.