GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone ever negotiate an early lease buy out?

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
My last 2 leases I bought out early just cause I hate payments. The buy out quotes were reasonable and the dept automatically cut me some skin. For some reason they didn't want to do that this time around. Was wondering if anyone negotiated an early buy out and how your experience was. If theyre not gonna cut me some slack I'll just keep to lease end and throw it back at em

Zoolook

Ready to race!
How long have you been leasing the car? Most dealers won't allow early buy-outs in the first few months. Also were you going to pay cash for the buy-out or get a loan?

I don't think keeping the lease and "throwing it back" will be a problem for them... they're half expecting this anyway when you sign in. If you're planning to keep the car from the start anyway, aren't you better off with a finance deal that allows a pay-off without penalty? There VW Finance option lets you do that from the start

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
No I generally don't finance cars anymore. It would obv be a cash buy out. And I never intended on keeping this car past the 3 years anyway. Reason I leased vs buying out right in the beginning was because the deal was a no brainer and better deal in the end than a cash buy. I'll talk to their finance dept when I head in for service next week. It's no big deal in the end

pixel junkie

Passed Driver's Ed
My last 2 leases I bought out early just cause I hate payments. The buy out quotes were reasonable and the dept automatically cut me some skin. For some reason they didn't want to do that this time around. Was wondering if anyone negotiated an early buy out and how your experience was. If theyre not gonna cut me some slack I'll just keep to lease end and throw it back at em

I don't get it. If you've done your lease contract properly, the buy out price should have been in there from the very start. It's a number that can be calculated before you even sign your contract (just like your payment, residual and so on).

alan h

Ready to race!
lease buy outs i thought were pretty straight forward you pay what you owe, as at the end you have to hand the car back with no option to buy thats a PCP not a lease

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
I don't get it. If you've done your lease contract properly, the buy out price should have been in there from the very start. It's a number that can be calculated before you even sign your contract (just like your payment, residual and so on).

Yes. But you generally get a kick back for early pay off thats even lower than that value.

Anthony2.0

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually just traded in my mk7 gti early for a 2017 R. Went by the dealer to see what options I had for an early trade in and they basically bought me out of the lease and gave me a decent deal on the R.

ultramoo

I actually just traded in my mk7 gti early for a 2017 R. Went by the dealer to see what options I had for an early trade in and they basically bought me out of the lease and gave me a decent deal on the R.

Same for me above. GTI to R and they closed off my previous lease without any penalties. Also got great buyback deal for the GTI and still great discount on the R.

Was plenty happy :)