GOLFMKV

Official Tornado Red GTI / Golf Thread

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Winter Mode....

Devzo1

Had the 3M Protection film installed last friday. Full Bumper, headlights, side mirror covers and quarter bonnet.

Will take some snaps soon and post up. Also heard stories about them changing colour over time. My golf 5&6 gti suffered from severe road rash and i wasnt keen on putting the mk7 through the same abuse...

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Will take some snaps soon and post up. Also heard stories about them changing colour over time. My golf 5&6 gti suffered from severe road rash and i wasnt keen on putting the mk7 through the same abuse...

Same here; I plan to do the 3M Pro Series Paint Protection this time around on my Tornado Red Golf R. Pro Series comes with a 7 year warranty and the marketing material states that it provides more color clarity.

It may be difficult to see a difference in pictures, but has the Red lost any clarity, etc. since installing the protection film? Which 3M film did you go with?

15GTIGuy

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats!! Looks great! I wish your model had been available when I had to buy! If so I would have one like yours!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phope1

Ready to race!
Delivery mileage GTD

When better weather comes, will do a full paint cleanse and wax

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Here's mine after clay bar treatment. I was really pleased with the result

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Just took delivery of a 2015 Golf TDI 4dr 6sp stick. Getting these in a manual is fairly difficult right now until more arrive. I made it more difficult when I said I didn't want a black interior - too hot here in SC! Drives great, my last dub was an 08 GTI w/K04, the TDI takes some getting used to, definitely a short shift car as the power is between 2 and 3.5k, and it has a nice torque rush there. I actually like the radio for a change, all come with bluetooth standard now. To be honest I think the DSG is a better match for a TDI, but I'll always be a manual driver. Really like the +40 mpg on commute to work.

The MK7 chassis feels great, car is tight and solid, and the handling is good, even with the dumbed down rear suspension - Golf's don't get the fancy GTI rear blade setup, but driving it you can hardly tell.