GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

misaka

Ready to race!
I do have an update, this week I ordered my Weathertech mats. Front and rear seats and also ordered the mat for the hatch area. Black like the rest of the interior. Yes they are $$ but look and will fit great. I have a Husky version of this mat in my truck and it has saved spilled drinks many times. They can hold a lot of fluid until you can stop and lift out to drain.:)

I love the weathertech trunk mats I got, but man it wasn't cheap. I was tempted by the weathertech interior all weather mats, but they didn't have them ready yet, and I needed something right off. So I went with oem ones and they cover like nothing -_-; Now too cheap to buy weathertech ones when I've already spent like 200$ on oem ones.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
$$$$$$

I love the weathertech trunk mats I got, but man it wasn't cheap. I was tempted by the weathertech interior all weather mats, but they didn't have them ready yet, and I needed something right off. So I went with oem ones and they cover like nothing -_-; Now too cheap to buy weathertech ones when I've already spent like 200$ on oem ones.

I understand. I had a few people in my dept buy new cars and I suggested they consider Weathertech. They did and said they would get them from now on for new cars. A good friend at work even bought them for his wife as her Christmas gift. What a romantic!! I asked how it went and he said she loved them and she knew what they cost! I wonder if he even wrapped them?
The new status gift!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I know this is a VW Forum, but in this section it is my thread so I am posting some info on an early 2015 Ford Mustang GT (5.0L V8). The picture is of the first new Mustang to be shown in Tennessee. It is from a local car show in February 2014. I have recently seen one driving in town. Much improved interior and extrior it looks smaller even thought it is heavier car. :(

Cost wise you can get a 2015 Mustang GT, 50th Aniversary package,plus almost every other option and only
be $2-3,000 over a base price R.

I am not saying one is better than the other, just commenting why more Mustangs will sell in USA than R's.

I did not consider Mustang, because:
1. Everyone has one.
2. Only two doors.
3. Little to no back seat.
4. I would look like I am having a mid life crisis at my age.
Like the guys in picture below. HaHa.

Attachments

• IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 6,807
Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Second Choice on Car!

This would be my second choice for new car.
Wife liked this CC Executive more.
If I could afford now I would buy for her so I could drive CC and GTI!:D

I would like to see the CC with new MQB platform and new 2.0L Turbo engine.

Attachments

• Sands 5S 112.JPG
    Sands 5S 112.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 6,826
Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
It's alive!!

My sales rep texted me that my car has been built!
Now sitting on dock waiting for loading.
This is a little behind where I thought it might be by now.
In December my update was a January delivery.
The car still has to be loaded, shipped, sit in customs (I have heard 15 days) and then be hauled to dealer.
Sounds more like February for delivery!
Guess DCC along with PP slowed it some?

Oh well, I will be back over here in corner waiting.

Last edited:

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Great news! I ended up ordering mine with DCC, so I will be curious what you think of it.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
It is on the USA dock!

My dealer called and said My GTI is in USA and waiting for trucking to dealer! It was just on the 15th that she said the car was built and at dock waiting to load. They don't waste time. It has been almost a year since I first test drove an MK6, it is getting closer.

I am getting nervous! :eek:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
My dealer called and said My GTI is in USA and waiting for trucking to dealer! It was just on the 15th that she said the car was built and at dock waiting to load. They don't waste time. It has been almost a year since I first test drove an MK6, it is getting closer.

I am getting nervous! :eek:

You'll like the 7 may more than the 6

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Let down!

Well the car that I thought was mine came into dealer today! Only issue, it was not built to my spec'd order. Was built under my name but system also shows a car to still be built also under my name and that second car is to build to my spec'd order. Yes, what a let down. Yes I could have taken this car that came in but it did not have DCC and I think my wife and I will enjoy DCC. The car today was a PP car.

My car is due to build in Mid March. So, those who want PP and DCC will be waiting longer. I am one of the early orders placed for such car. By March it will have been almost 6 months since order accepted by plant. Good news, by late March winter will be over here in Tennessee.
So there is a PP available in Tennessee, bad news is that 6 dealers have contacted them for it. Someone mentioned it before that when someone lists a used MK7 GTI the first question people will ask is does it have PP. The PP car is in great demand and in short supply now. Some can say it is not worth it, but it is a wanted car.

Some details on car that did come in:
Autobahn 4 door DSG with PP base price was $32,680 USA
As it has been stated here before PP is not an option as it was not listed in options location on window sticker but called out in main body or car discription and car title line at top of sticker.

So, someone will be enjoying a new PP car soon.

I will be here in the corner waiting and crying. :(

Last edited:

Nyanga

Ready to race!
Liked the photos of the Mustang and CC.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
That sucks. I was given the same dates as you for my car spec'd with DCC and I ordered on Jan 9. I'm guessing the U.S. DCC equipped cars still have not made it into production and ours will likely be the first?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
That sucks. I was given the same dates as you for my car spec'd with DCC and I ordered on Jan 9. I'm guessing the U.S. DCC equipped cars still have not made it into production and ours will likely be the first?

Yes, it has been an up and down January. I made decision on what I wanted and have done well so far on waiting, so I guess a little longer will just be a part of it.