GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Deceptive RSC Exhaust Marketing...

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Has anyone else been following the recent AudiRevolution thread about APR's exhausts?

Bringing this over from the MK5 and MK6 forums... Vortex one was shut down. Original MK6 forum thread was also deleted (now reposted).

If this is indeed true... I would be one pissed off owner!

Link to AudiRevolution

Link to Audizine

Link to Vortex thread related to this issue [Closed]

Pic previews from AudiRevolution thread:

brentj7

Hmm interesting, I would believe APR to be reputable but after seeing this it makes me skeptical, unless someone bought a knock off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whackamac

Ready to race!
Oh my... I believe my decision to abandon APR is now solid. Now if the BM JB4 would hurry and get released...

And APR's excuses are BS. This is their industry. They are the Pros and know more than us meager citizens, right? That is why they think they can charge us 80 bucks for a vent boost gauge mount where a more complex vent unit for my old Mazdaspeed 3 costs $40. If you have another company manufacture your exhausts, put your name on it, then you QA them which includes disassembly of a random kit when it arrives, cutting it, and inspecting it. Or at least scope one out of each batch. They cannot "pass the buck" like this. It is marketed as an APR exhaust. It is APR's liability and reputation at stake, and I am sure we will see what kind of company APR truly is over this problem.

I own a business myself in another industry and I wouldn't dream on selling something I didn't fully QA and inspect.

The picture of the "stuffed" muffler is unforgivable looking at the price of the exhaust system and the claimed technologies. I forsee a lot of ex-APR customers.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Hmm interesting, I would believe APR to be reputable but after seeing this it makes me skeptical, unless someone bought a knock off

There's quite a bit of misinformation, and misconceptions floating around. We'll look to get an official response hopefully tomorrow during normal business hours. I will say all of the exhaust systems we sell with "RSC" in the name are manufactured by Corsa and do contain RSC technology as confirmed by Corsa.

We do not offer these systems for the MK7.

Last edited:

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
This is going to be interesting. Won't make any judgements until more information is available.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
You know what I find interesting about being on VW forums vs other car forums, on most car forums enthusiast support their tuners whereas a lot of VW owners enjoy bashing them. How is this relevant to what is going to happen with the MK7 APR exhaust?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
You know what I find interesting about being on VW forums vs other car forums, on most car forums enthusiast support their tuners whereas a lot of VW owners enjoy bashing them. How is this relevant to what is going to happen with the MK7 APR exhaust?

There will be zero relevance to our MK7 system. :)

BR MK7

Ready to race!
This is going to be interesting. Won't make any judgements until more information is available.

I take my +1 back. If you click on the links above and read through the threads completely it's clear as day APR screwed over a lot of customers.

Last edited:

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion

It's relevant because APR advertised their exhausts as being higher quality than the competition, with a welding process and complexity that justified it's high price. It appears that instead, they have been stuffing used British court wigs inside them while continuing to charge top dollar for their exhaust systems. I feel betrayed for one if that is the case, and it makes me question the overall quality of their products that I'm currently running on my car.

I wish they would have just come out and said that the photo is a fake, and that their systems are not that cheaply assembled. If that were the case, it seems like they would have come out by now and defended their products. I've been an APR customer for a long time, and have always had good luck with their products, but some of the accusations flying around in those threads are pretty juicy, and it looks like there's a good amount of evidence to back it up..

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Despite the claims featured in these threads:

• All of the exhausts we sell, with "RSC" in the name, are from Corsa.
  • Corsa has confirmed all of the exhaust they supply to APR contain RSC technology.
  • All of the exhaust systems work as advertised.

Corsa has asked us to direct you to the following resources for further information:

"Please see the attached link (http://www.corsaperformance.com/Technology/exhaustRsc.aspx) for additional information on CORSA's various RSC Technologies"

"For further questions pertaining to RSC technology please Contact CORSA directly at 1-800-486-0999, or sales@corsaperformance.com"

Thank you

Irishace

Ready to race!
All due respect to APR, if you are re-selling or partnering with a company to develop/sell exhaust technology you should take ownership of the defects and be accountable for the outcomes. Your reputation and brand is on the line with the subs you back. Better take a long hard look at this as it is extreme negligence.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Holy fart...so glad that I never paid for any APR hardware... Maybe stick to tuning?