GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR presents the APR Carbon Fiber Intake System!

huithomas

Ready to race!
I installed the intake today.... The material and build Quality are really good.

I tested the car for an hour.......

Low rev: performance same as stock and the intake sound is a bit louder.
High rev: rev go up faster and I heard some high frequency (like whistle) intake sound.

In overall you will get a better intake sound but it is not as good as the test video from APR.......

Any feedback from other users ?

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
I bought this intake. Trying to install it. But there's this hose that used to plug into the factory air box from the left side. I think that was to the secondary air pump. Where does this hose go?

Last edited:

Irishace

Ready to race!
Totoro, where did you get the intake from. I too am from Toronto and looking for a local distributor.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

Whackamac

Ready to race!
You need another part to install the intake? The instructions say to use the supplied filter for the SAI, but I don't see it in the box.

Agreed, you would think APR would give you everything you need to install their intake.

I hate companies that sell you a product and then say, (Oh! you need this $25 part to make it work), insuring that you cannot use your intake when it arrives until you pay them more.

I've dealt with mexican cartels that aren't this bad.... j/k...

If APR is going to do this to people, I may just source the rest of my mods from a company that knows how to ship a COMPLETE KIT!

... or I could just buy that 3D printer I have been looking at and make my own intake like this w/o the carbon fiber.

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
The intake was $545 Canadian dollars plus tax. So after tax was actually $600. Pricey for sure. Very happy with it though. Used on a stock car, there is definitely a difference.